Help confirm a load-out?

Howdy ARCers,

Actually I have two simple questions. First, the topic of my post.

I’m working on a 1/48 Revellogram F-4J and found an interesting load-out. I’m hoping someone can help confirm what this Phantom is lugging. >>click<< Looks to me like 4 LAU-3s on TERS (6 on TERS?), 3 MK 82s on a TER (6 on a MER?), and no missiles?

I was originally going to build a VMFA-333 with the Revellogram kit, but I think I’ll save those decals for a Hase –J that I recently got my hands on. I don’t have decals for the -232 jet, but it looks like I just need to source a tail code, BuNo, and squadron number. Does anyone have any ideas where I could get my plastic-smashers on something I could use?

Thanks in advance,

-Omar, Phantomus Ignoramus Erectus

Edited by oortiz10

The centerline has a MER with 6 bombs; I can't tell if the inboard wing stations are carrying 4 Zuni pods in a "slant two" configuration or 6 pods, which would be an incredible amount of drag if it was even possible/authorized.

Regards,

Murph

To me it looks like 2 LAU-10s on TERs on the i/b pylons with LAU-33s (2 tube Zuni pod) on the i/b missile rails. A c/l MER with Mk-82s, most likely 6 and o/b ext tanks.

Jari

You beat me to it, I agree LAU-10's mounted side by side, looks to be a common load for Marine air.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...
...looks like 2 LAU-10s on TERs on the i/b pylons with LAU-33s (2 tube Zuni pod) on the i/b missile rails...

Thanks for the info gang. Just some clarification please. The LAU-33s, how are they mounted to the pylon? Are they mounted to a LAU-7 rail? Does anyone have any pix of how LAU-33s are mounted on Phantoms in this way? Finally, is the outboard rail (LAU-7?) on the inboard pylon empty? (My guess is yes.)

Thanks in advance guys. Since I'm sitting at home recovering from an appendectomy, I have the chance to do some building. This info would help.

Cheers!

-O

They are mounted to the LAU-7 just like an AIM-9. Scroll down to post #412 here:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthrea...087&page=14

to see a pic of a Marine F-4 with the LAU-33 installed. Note in that pic the o/b rail is removed while in the original pic the rail is empty.

Jari

Perfect! Thanks Jari for the answer and the pix. Some good shots in that thread. I'm a sucker for aircraft with unusual/serious load-outs, so there's some good inspiration there.

Cheers,

-O