Nuclear tipped air to air missiles

Canada would have had the Genies available until the CF-188s were phased in, and then they'd have been quietly returned to their owners, the US. Since the Voodoo was only capable of firing Genies and Falcons, there wasn't much of another option available. I think the Genies went home in 85 or 86. I'll have to pull out my "Big Book of Big Boom Weapons (Canadian Edition)" to be sure.

Alvis 3.1

Edited by Alvis 3.1
Canada would have had the Genies available until the CF-188s were phased in, and then they'd have been quietly returned to their owners, the US. Since the Voodoos only capable of firing Genies and Falcons, there wasn't much of another option available. I think the Genies went home in 85 or 86. I'll have to pull out my "Big Book of Big Boom Weapons (Canadian Edition)" to be sure.

Alvis 3.1

Who needs nukes when you have this?

canuckistan.jpg

Regards,

Murph

Who needs nukes when you have this?

canuckistan.jpg

Murph

Thanksh, buddy fer da stogie....ish a goodie...an I just loves a good Haaavana....

Whoa!!!...the last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hood in it.....Thanx Rodney D. for that line

Edited by Angels49
I loved the deal a few years ago where it turned out production of the US Border Patrol's badges and uniforms had been farmed out to Mexico. Talk about an agency that should probably stick to a buy American plan. :lol:

A slight veer off of nuclear weapons here....But that's 100% true. The company that produces those patches is home based in North Carolina but they have moved around 80% of their production facilities to Mexico and China.

Edited by devil505
F-3201.jpg

Darwin

Darwin, that thing looks to me like a pelican with a mouth full of fish :whistle: , that or a Blue whale about to engulf a large amount of Krill B) , also could be Whisenhunt when the Steelers scored the final touchdown in Superbowl XLIII.....

:whistle:

However in the coachs' case, he does not give a new definition to the word Uuuugly, as the F-32 does, the F-31 was a lot more aesthetic to the eye.

From the 7th floor it does not have enough time to turn around and land on its feet. From the 20th it gets more time but your still going to have one banged up kitty.

But what if the cat belongs/belonged to this blonde?

AIR-2 GENIE

Unguided air-to-air rocket

Warhead was a 1.5kT W25 nuclear warhead

Estimated range: 6.2nm

Estimated lethal blast radius: 300meters (1,000feet)

Detonation mechanism: time delay fuze

For some other interesting reading, Google the Plumbbob John test, the only live fire test of the Genie ever. Some neat shots out there of the warhead detonation.

According to the book '100 Suns' 5 volunteers stood directly below the detonation point (at around 20,000 ft altitude), presumably without coming to any harm.

According to the book '100 Suns' 5 volunteers stood directly below the detonation point (at around 20,000 ft altitude), presumably without coming to any harm.

I wonder if they did any long term follow up on those guys? On a related note: here they are at the big event

atomic_bomb_volunteers_genie.jpg

And the commentary from the photographer.

“One afternoon I was at Lookout Mountain right here in Hollywood, and I got a call from a Woody Mark. He said ‘George, I need you out here tomorrow for a special test.’ I got there that night and he said, ‘Tomorrow morning you’re going to go out with five other guys and you’re going to be standing at ground zero.’ I said, ‘Ground zero?’ He said. ‘Yeah, but the bomb’s gonna go off 10,000 feet above you.’ I said, ‘Well, what kind of protective gear am I going to have?’ He said ‘None.’ I remember I had a baseball hat, so I wore that just in case. He gave me a still camera, and two motion picture cameras. These were 35mm Eyemos. I set up the two Eyemos, and had little trip wires that I could trip with my foot starting about 5 seconds before the blast. And the still camera, I also had a trip wire so that I could trip it. I could get one exposure only. The five other guys were scientists and they volunteered to be there. I wasn’t a volunteer. I didn’t find out until I got there.â€

-George Yoshitake