I'm blown away by this project. with some fantastic memories attached...why you may ask, because in 1984 I was involved in a group who took on the a slighter larger project..we took on the full size thing.

The DC7C G-AOIE ex Schriener, ex B Cal, delivered to BOAC in 1956 was taken from the fire training ground dismantled and brough by road to Waterford..approx 80 miles and then began restoration.

She was eventually finished in the B CAL scheme but due the Airport wanting the land back and corrosion setting in, no funs the first twenty feet or so was saved, the remained scrapped. It still exist in Dromrod Railway museum in County Leitrim in Ireland.

I gave about 10 years with the group primarily involve working on the' 7' and learned about 'real aeroplanes' from there Seven Seas were possibly one of the most beautiful airliners of all time. to see one finished in 1/72 scale will be awesome.

I've cheated a little as I went out today and Bought F Resins 7C in 1/144th scale..not usually my type of model but as it has both BOAC options I've got to have it.

Haven't many photographs of the seven when restored , don't think of these things at the time but I do have some remember a lot of the finer details as once you've built the thing for real you don't forget.

the earlier &C were delivered with a 55 seater configuartion with sleeper accommadation later reonfigure to 102.

G- AOIE was used for Queen Elizabeths foreign tour in 1957 and was out of service as a result for most of that year.She was the only one that wasn't converted to a freighter eventually and thus ended up In Shannon in 1974 and lay there impounded due to non payment of landing fees.

Keep up the great job..impressive doesn't even come near what you are doing.

Blimey, was just thinking about the museum earlier today, I also spent a lot of time there.. Although if you are Paul I am thinking of, I joined after you had left to get a real job at the airport. Anyway I was considering at some point building a diorama of the museum. The only major 1:72 item I don't have in my stash is the 7.

Also use got to the end of the thread and saw the final product and wow.... Brings a lot of memories of the 7 back.

Dan

Edited by Dan the Exile

Thank you, mates.

I'm really happy you like the model. Your words are too kind.

You know, as I always say: "objects in mirrors are closer than they appear", just to say that in photos the models are always better than they really are.

Anyway that's it.

Regards

Euge

Fantastic model! But a more extensive photoshoot with a more neutral background would really do it justice smile.gif

Thanks, Jelle.

I meant to say that in the photos you can't notice many mistakes.

Really I was thinking to take better images in a proper environment.

Perhaps next week.

Euge

• 2 weeks later...