trpsarge,

Your story is a "bitter-sweet symphony" as many are about liners of those years. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your kind comments too.

The F-Rsin 7C is a nice model; have fun with it!

Regards

Euge

Thanks . On your query re the doors, they weren't very substantial and a single door could be lifted by one man a very thin hinge ran along the seams of where the door and nacelle met. Nothing complicated. Wouldn't have been substantial enough to be used as an air brake as the connection hinge was basic enough that above normal landing at take off speeds it would be ripped off.

Paul

My goodness! I'd not been keeping up with you Euge, but your model is looking FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see her finished. That old Alitalia livery is a real !@#$%& to be sure.

Keep up the good work!

J

Thanks, Paul

for the note regarding the gear doors.

Jennings, thank you for your comment, but please (I am not English native and not expert of acronyms or similar) explain me what !@#$%& means!

Euge

[/quote

Quite Welcome.I've discover some old bits and pieces of the restoration plus a few of the restored product but uploading them seems to be a problem..I'll figure it out eventually.

Paul

Thanks, Paul

for the note regarding the gear doors.

Jennings, thank you for your comment, but please (I am not English native and not expert of acronyms or similar) explain me what !@#$%& means!

Euge

Euge? This would mean something along the lines of..... "Un vero e proprio dolore nel culo!" :crying2:

Hi guys,

I'm having a difficult time on the job due to the Quality system audit by the certification Body and had few time for modeling.

Anyway this is what I was able to do, working 15 minutes a day.

Tomorrow the audit will be finished, so I'll be not so tired in the evening and will dress up the other gear housing, at least.

37_gh1.jpg

38_gh2.jpg

39_gh3.jpg

Regards

Euge

Thank you friends.

Your comments are too kind. As I always say, things are better in photos as they really are, but you all give me motivation.

Paul, thanks for the link. Although I researched everywhere to find documentation about the 7C, I have never seen those photos. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Euge

Thank you friends.

Your comments are too kind. As I always say, things are better in photos as they really are, but you all give me motivation.

Paul, thanks for the link. Although I researched everywhere to find documentation about the 7C, I have never seen those photos. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Euge

You wouldn't..I have only scanned them on recently and just made them live for this thread.

I'm keeping up with the detail you add from memory. Everything seem so huge on the 7c scaling it down to 72nd scale defies imagination.

Got the 1/144th 7C from F Resin finished..its a seven...small but has the right shapes.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what your going to do engine wise..I have the DC6 model to refer back to and the DC7Cs engines are whole different animal. The outer engine nacelles held the oil tanks and were bulkier than those of the six, plus the nacelle its self is longer.. four Skyraiders will provide the propellors but for the prop cones ..your on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, friends, for having been offline for so long: lot of troubles, but they seem to be over now.

I didn't recall the gear struts in the kit were so rough, so I managed to improve a little those tiny parts: long but not difficult task anyway. So the gear bays and the main doors are finished now and I'll be able to complete the wing with the oil coolers.

40_gen.jpg

41_det01.jpg

42_det02.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Euge

Euge,

although you are having glitches with certain parts, your tenacity and hard work is paying off.

Dedicated to details is showing in your work..

Keep up the good work..

You are doing a GREAT job...

HOLMES ;)

great job Euge

Its a pleasure to watch.Given the differences between the two aircraft in full size you didn't expect this to be straight forward?

I just keep wondering how I would convince you to put a B Cal colour scheme..complete with Griffon on the tail..or maybe a BOAC colour scheme??

As Richard Burton said to Richard Harris..'.carry on..Your Doing Beautifully!!'

Thank you all, for your comments.

Its a pleasure to watch.Given the differences between the two aircraft in full size you didn't expect this to be straight forward?

I just keep wondering how I would convince you to put a B Cal colour scheme..complete with Griffon on the tail..or maybe a BOAC colour scheme??

As Richard Burton said to Richard Harris..'.carry on..Your Doing Beautifully!!'

Really converting and scratchbuilding have been easier than correct the issues of the kit, so far.

As regards the livery, well.. I'm too in love with the golden days of Alitalia, when was a serious airline.

Regards

Euge

Really converting and scratchbuilding have been easier than correct the issues of the kit, so far.

Regards

Euge

Not to mention how much fun doing it that way is!! :)

Thoroughly enjoying your progress Euge!!

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Lot of work in these last days, smoothing parts and preparing for base coats, but nothing is worth to be shown.

Also the propeller blades are almost finished. Now I'm trying to make a jig that helps me to glue all the four blades with the same pitch onto the hub. I have to do this before painting in order to not damage the finish.

If someone has suggestion, I'll appreciate a lot.

Thanks so much

43_prop_2.jpg

43_prop_1.jpg

Hope to have something new next weekend

Regards

Euge

How about using plasticine or some other soft material if you roll it out flat and then gently push the props into the plasticine to get an impression you should be able to use this as a jig for the rest, very easy and simple

Edited by Kev67
How about using plasticine or some other soft material if you roll it out flat and then gently push the props into the plasticine to get an impression you should be able to use this as a jig for the rest, very easy and simple

Thanks, Kevin

I tried last night, but every time I remove a blade, the plasticine deforms a little. I'll try something similar out of styrene, following your useful tip.

Euge