F 14A Tomcat 1/18

I was so concern with cockpits problem that i could not do anything else. Now when Brian from Fightertown Decales will help me, I can start to think of doing something else in the min time. May be the front landing geare!? :bandhead2:

Are you going to make some kind of LED lighting system? The reflector looks much better. And above it is some sort of optical fiber?

I tryed wit micro led but everything is to hot,so I put optical fiber (you guesed right) but this solution is not good eather. To les light. Oh! what the h... not everything must be perfect :bandhead2:

I tryed wit micro led but everything is to hot,so I put optical fiber (you guesed right) but this solution is not good eather. To les light. Oh! what the h... not everything must be perfect :bandhead2:

Micro LED may be too hot but have you tried a SMD? I used it in my F-16C lighting system (1/32) with good result. :)

p1270517.jpg

p1270519.jpg

p1270530.jpg

p1270533.jpg

Edited by Tomartista

Micro LED may be too hot but have you tried a SMD? I used it in my F-16C lighting system (1/32) with good result. :)

p1270517.jpg

p1270519.jpg

p1270530.jpg

p1270533.jpg

Wow! Tomku artysto! Wow! :worship: Fantastic resalts. So tell me more, what is SMD? Where to get thows? :fight:

So let see the landing light again.Now I build it wit SMD LED inside:

_IGP9875.jpg

_IGP9869.jpg

_IGP9868.jpg

_IGP9870.jpg

_IGP9871.jpg

_IGP9872.jpg

_IGP9873.jpg

_IGP9874.jpg

_IGP9867.jpg

In my mind it was so worth to build it again. And Big thanks to Tomartista for The sugestion and all the info. :woot.gif:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it's been a long time since the last post on this thread, but I wanted to put my 2cents worth in. I'm a scratchbuilder myself, and can understand the frustrations that go with it. I suffer from severe depression most of the time and can sympathize with you when ailments slow things down and make life less than bearable.

I also know that we can be our own worst critics. Let me tell you that I find your work amazing and inspirational. I say this from the heart. Your work is superb! Please continue with the project.

Walt

• 1 month later...