And a bit of progres:

_IGP9974.jpg

_IGP9975.jpg

_IGP9976.jpg

_IGP9977.jpg

_IGP9978.jpg

_IGP9979.jpg

_IGP9980.jpg

And for the information to all of you. The black staf there on the wheel well is not a wethering but prewash. Everything will be paited white and wethered after paiting. The prewash is that staf:

_IGP9981.jpg

Thanks for watching. Greatings. Marek

Mikkod, thanks. :woot.gif: I think that if you love Tomcat much and you want very much to have replica of it in 1/18 scale, you could be able to do what I´m doing. It realy not so difficould. Needs only more patiets as usualy. :soapbox:

You are a scratch-building machine Marek! Excellent work as always. To take an already assembled aircraft and then re-do the whole thing is simply amazing- and I'm sure well worth the effort when you're done. :thumbsup:

You're making me feel a bit silly here my friend, I struggled to make a 1:6 scale model look anything like as convincing as this.

Its incredible work, and its a joy to see how you tackle it.

Edited by MattC

Can I ask the purpose of the prewash? Is that a sort of preshading substitute?

Yes! It is exaktely that. My thinking was that when I´ll pait it white it will give a verity of shadows. Well! we will see. :deadhorse1:

Yes! It is exaktely that. My thinking was that when I´ll pait it white it will give a verity of shadows. Well! we will see. :deadhorse1:

You could also paint everything black first then vary how thick you apply the white paint. Will the wash run when the paint hits it?

Wow i just read all 27 pages and what can i say other than UNBELIEVEABLE... This has to be the ultimate F-14 build :jaw-dropping: . Are you gonna put Pilots in her? Just that all that lighting would be a waste without the feeling it's starting up or something? Just my opinion. Did you ever hear back from Eduard about the PE sets you wanted made? Also any luck with the cockpit decals? Info to get hold of Brain who offered. .

Keep up the good work and i look forward to your next update.

Wow i just read all 27 pages and what can i say other than UNBELIEVEABLE... This has to be the ultimate F-14 build :jaw-dropping: . Are you gonna put Pilots in her? Just that all that lighting would be a waste without the feeling it's starting up or something? Just my opinion. Did you ever hear back from Eduard about the PE sets you wanted made? Also any luck with the cockpit decals? Info to get hold of Brain who offered. .

Keep up the good work and i look forward to your next update.

Thank you Harrier/Viper Fan.

No I do not entend to put pilots in there. The idea is the plane just before action on deck, armed and with the last chek before going. That is why the gun bay will be left open and nos can will be up, to show radar. The Eduard was not iterested in doing PE for my project and Brian from Fightertowndecales has sended me a specialy for me made decale for the cockpit. Brain was very kind to me, but probably I can not uze his decales for instrumants becouse I decided that I will light all up and the instument decales from Fightrtowndecales are made on the black base, so the light wil not get thruth. Hope I aswer all your questions, but if not please write.

Greatings. Marek

I can no longer cope with this level of awesomeness. :jaw-dropping: Have you considered opening up the weekly doors and exposing an engine? Heaven knows what amazing detail on a tf30 engine you would be capable of.

Edited by dryguy

Thank you Dryguy :woot.gif: I can not open every panels, becourse as I was writing before, The plane wil be on deck, just before going on the mission. It will be armed with misails, and only gunbay and nose can will be open, as to the last chek before going.

I love to scratchbuild, but I can do thinks only from good, very detaled pictures. I hate guesing things. I do not have so good pictures of tf30 engine in the Tomcat, but if I had I could do probably everything what is in the pictures, just as Im doing now. :deadhorse1:

Edited by mareku