F 14A Tomcat 1/18

THX JMan for your kind words! I´m not sure if`I understand your question.

Each and every part of the seat build was produced by my hends from white styren and diferent materials. Then all was glued together and now the hole thing is waiting for paiting. That what I call scratchbuilding :woot.gif:

Edited by mareku

Hello Mareku,

Your seats are a vast improvement over the kit items :)

May I make an observation? Only one thing stood out to me and that is the cushions. If you don't mind me saying, they look a little bit thick. Are you planning to do anything else to them before you paint them?

Wow!! that is 1/48?!?! Nice work :monkeydance:

Umm,.....TT,....I think this is 1/18th scale......... :coolio:

:wub:

Thanks guis!

It was a big work and I must do it once again, becourse there are two seats in the cockpits.

May I make an observation? Only one thing stood out to me and that is the cushions. If you don't mind me saying, they look a little bit thick. Are you planning to do anything else to them before you paint them?

Thees are not cushions yet. They are contener for the parashout and First help contener the pilot is siting at.

Tey are hard materials made an paited green. The cushions are put on them. And the thicknes of everything will be just about right when ready paited and done.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-ejection-rh-l.jpg

Edited by mareku
  • 2 weeks later...

The cocpit I´v started today but first must get the finale answer from Eduard if they will made some PE parts for me in 1/18 scale. Then I was looking for something I can made radar dish from and I´v got from one model shop a decale for car models looking just like compozit material. I started then doing a radar asebly.

First have to thined fuselage front side walls:

_IGP9216.jpg

Then I made a new radar wall:

_IGP9218.jpg

One more picture for comparishion

_IGP9209.jpg

Radar dish was sanded thin. I´m useing the kit part which is good from the back side.

_IGP9210.jpg

The decale I was talking about before is on the right side on the picture.It looks good to me.

That is all for now. Thank you for waching

Hi evryone! Today I wont to show you how the progres on the radar assembly looks like.

I´v cut the forward end of the fuselage to make radar back woll work esyer:

_IGP9228.jpg

The nos can was also cut to two pieses to make work esyer:

_IGP9226.jpg

The gun gas vents, shown in the next picture must be, probably rewoked, to the older style:

_IGP9229.jpg

And that is all fo today. Thank you for waching.

Edited by mareku