F 14A Tomcat 1/18

Helow everyone! Here is my update. The radar back wall with the radar block and wireing. The radar antena dish is missing. Yet to be done. Hope you like it:

_IGP9285.jpg

_IGP9284.jpg

_IGP9280.jpg

You're cheating!!!! Those are pics of the real thing! <_<

Awesome work man :thumbsup: just, awesome!

Cheers

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words.

That is looking great! is the landing gear as fragile as what I read on the net from many that have bought it? Or are their sinkrates just to high when landing them! :thumbsup:

Yes the Landing gear legs are iposible. They mast be absolutely replaced.

Edited by mareku
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Jus want you to know that I´v got wonderful decales from Fightertowndecales. They are fantastic looking in 1/18 scale.

_IGP9428.jpg

Then I´v ordered landing gear legs from jackskyworks@aol.com

They are doing a great replacemant for 1/18 Tomcat.

Update soon.

THX. Marek

Mareku, the wiring in the radar section, I'm wondering if you can share what you used and how? More specifically, in the red/blue section to the right where the cabling is mounted to the wall, it thickens, almost like couplers... what are you using there? Really nice effect!

When I first saw this "build", I thought, "What can you really do with a pre-made model"? Now I know! This work is EXCELLENT, especially all your scratch-building, which I could never do to the same level. I look forward to future updates.

THX twhite80, Dax and chuck540z3 for your kind words :salute:

Mareku, the wiring in the radar section, I'm wondering if you can share what you used and how? More specifically, in the red/blue section to the right where the cabling is mounted to the wall, it thickens, almost like couplers... what are you using there? Really nice effect!

Dax I use electrik wires ao deferend kind. Thees were used:

_IGP9444.jpg

As you can see there are wires from computers and so:

_IGP9445.jpg

I hope it helps you :thumbsup:

Hi!

Freands! I do need help with my project. In order to do stensils for the seats hadrest I need tekst of the stensils, but the best pictures I have are not readeble:

1c15a293de54e906.jpg

ff8f0e5e34dfe5b2.jpg

bc6279c5fa319b88.jpg

44a1b456ac6cb937.jpg

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Edited by mareku
THX twhite80, Dax and chuck540z3 for your kind words :thumbsup:

Dax I use electrik wires ao deferend kind. Thees were used:

_IGP9444.jpg

As you can see there are wires from computers and so:

_IGP9445.jpg

I hope it helps you :woot.gif:

EXCELLENT way to use them ...good work Mareku... ;)

Edited by HOLMES

Thank you Holms and John for your kindnes. Your help is very much appreciiated

Here's a link to one of my threads at the F-14 Association site, regarding the ejection seat labels. Hope this helps.

Martin Baker GRU-7a Ejection Seat Placards

John! Your link is probably jus what I need but anfortunately I CANT get there becouse I´m not registerad an new registrations is closed for me an every others new members. May be you could be so kind an if ther are some pictures or teksts you could PM them to me if they can not be published in the forum. PLEASE!!!

I´v twice asked help from F14 Assotiation concerning Tomcats deferent meter but thy never answered me!

Edited by mareku
This pic is from an A-6E with similar GRU-7 seats. Photo by me. Hope this helps a little.

Pilot_A-6E_right_sideheadrest-1.jpg

PlasticWeapons! That is a great picture!!! :wave: Just what I needed! Thank you very, very much, :woo:

Now I do need the stencil on the other side of the seat!