While I do realise that Hal's worshipped like a halfgod on the forum and a wave of abomination will be caused, I do go ahead with this posting .

It's been 2 months now and still my package hasn't shown up .

The main issue is lousy communication . One would expect not having to wait for 72 hours before getting a reply from someone who's almost 24/7 online on the boards .

The only reaction I got was when posting something in this forum .

That things get lost in the mail is acceptable, being treated disrespectfully not .

Stef

After thinking about this for a while, I have decided that not only am I a bad trader, but I am much happier being a bad trader.

No longer will I be expected to do favors for people

I can now ignore all kinds of useless communications requesting information I dont have

I will save hundreds of dollars each year in kits and postage.

Of course there is the down side that I wont sell kits for 5 - 10 $ that I bought for 25, but I think I can live with that

So I am quite content to be a bad trader.

It's a friendly little club, Hal.

I'm going to open up my own place, called "Bad Trader Mike's." You're welcome to become an investment shareholder.

Fortunately, I'm not going to sweat this round of the dance. I've heard this tune before, let's change the beat. Maybe Colin Kunkel can enlighten folks......ooooooooh....sorry.

Too soon?

I've also done at least 2, maybe 3 purchases from Hal, in addition to the kit I won from him during last year's raffle. Not only has everything been packed perfectly, but it was shipped post-haste every single time! So all I can guess (not being privy to any of the private communications that went on between these two), is that this is simply a severe misunderstanding. Tis unfortunate to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

All those who got some freebie from Breadboard : raise your hand...

(I'll raise both of mine, I won a 1/72 Flanker and a 1/48 Intruder from his FREE Christmas raffle)

All those who did not receive an item from Hal: raise you hand.

You know, I dont think it's about bad communication or not... to me it's about whether this needs to be posted in the 'BAD TRADER' forum... to me it doesnt... not from what info you've given us in your post... just seems like a smear campaign...

Can I raise both hands? :)

I've won an item previously from breadboard, and I've also bought some items from him. He has always been a great seller, and a great "donator".

I won the Hasegawa He-111 that Hal donated in his last raffle, however after 6 weeks nothing had arrived, so I contacted Hal to let him know. He responded very quickly and offered to send me another one. I responded that it wasn't necessary, since it was probably lost by the dead bears of Canada Post (not uncommon), and not his fault.

Anyway, Hal is okay by me! I've always had great communication with him :worship:

Leave Hal alone if its a personal issue do not advertise on the bad trader site especially one in which he doesn't even come close to being on. Hal has always honered my sales with him and in a very timely manner. You said yourself it has nothing to do with a raffle prize or a freebie. Brother you started a fire I hope you can handle the heat. Hang in there BB.

Roy

Hey, everybody on both sides of the issue, maybe we can just all throttle back a bit. It seems to me maybe we're on the verge of a real nasty thread. Looks like a claim was made and responded to by enough people for it to have reached equilibrium. I think anybody reading this has enough info to make an educated opinion. Maybe?

Like what you have said, the main issue is lousy communication. This should have been kept private between you and Hal. Things could have been resolved by trying to talk it out. It does not warranty a bad trader.

I have dealt with Hal a few times and never had any falling out with him. Never had a reason to.

Eric