The clear on the BK117 is drying... what better way to pass the time then to start another project?

Anyway, I need a LOT of practice masking multi colored paint jobs if I am ever going to tackle the Memorial Medflight and AirLife Denver choppers. Nothing like another project to help learn!

Here is the bird of reference:

thebird.jpg

Here is what I have put together so far... I am going to use the Renassiance set for this one so it is on the way:

kit.jpg

alnw1.jpg

As a side note, this is most crappily molded kit EVER! I have about 30-60 minutes in cleanup already completed... Like Aaron says, this truely is carve plastic by the numbers. I have learned to not rush a project or it will not turn out the way you want it... this may take a week, a month or a year... whatever it takes to make it the best model I have ever built!

Also, if anyone has the Medicopter boxing of the EC135... I may entertain buying it or trading for something... this one seems set up for prisoner/VIP transport or something...

Other than the crappy molding (read: flash everywhere) there is beautiful detail... raised rivets and recessed panel lines... lightyears ahead of the BK117 kit.

Remington,

Another great project! I agree that good work takes time. My pet project of building my own EC-135 can't be rushed. A recently re-introduced thread of Julian's EC-135 build is a great learning tool.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=116997

I would reccommend acquiring an EC-145 kit. As Julian had mentioned, many of the interior components are much more appropriate for the newer EC-135's especially the Air Methods/Metro Aviation interiors. I plan on using the 145 kit for the seats, IP, and interior floor. I hope to eventually acquire one of the Polis kits for the corrected parts and the fact that it is molded in white. Flash is the least of my worries. Does this kit contain the radar nose cone as pictured on the "walk-around" disc that I sent you? Just curious... Can't wait to see your next update.

David

Edited by hooknladderno1

The Polis kit is the bomb... There are sprues marked for the VIP boxing, the Police boxing and the Medevac boxing, the only thing it doesn't have is the sprue with the backboard and stuff.

All in all, an excellent way to spend about $35 at your local LHS...

Is this what you are talking about?

radar.jpg

Also, I agree with you about the time thing... this is a hobby not a freaking job... it doesn't have to be done yesterday "Rome wasn't built in a day :coolio:)

Edited by Remington Box
The Polis kit is the bomb... There are sprues marked for the VIP boxing, the Police boxing and the Medevac boxing, the only thing it doesn't have is the sprue with the backboard and stuff.

All in all, an excellent way to spend about $35 at your local LHS...

Is this what you are talking about?

radar.jpg

Also, I agree with you about the time thing... this is a hobby not a freaking job... it doesn't have to be done yesterday "Rome wasn't built in a day :coolio:)

Yes,

That is the nose. The 145 kit comes with two, but one is too short, the other is too long. As far as the medical interior, most of the ones in the Revell kits reflect European styles, not those used in the US. The stretchers and backboards can be easily made from plastic, brass, and wood. Soft sided medical bags can be made from Sculpey, Fumo, or a similar product. I can provide a tutorial on making them if there is any interest. The 145 kit contains a similar angular radio configuration for the patient part of the cabin, but again, it is on the wrong side of the aircraft as opposed to the ones here in the States... Nothing that a little foil embossing, back filling with resin or epoxy, and scratchbuiliding couldn't solve though. Every aircraft is set up differently, depending on the flight program's needs, as well as who does the interior finishing. So, if you can get some interior photos from the AirLift program as a start, you can go from there. If you need anything more detailed than those on the CD that you have, let me know.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Remington,

Bought myself one of the Polis kits from Hobbylinc for my birthday! Man, what a kit. That, and thanks to Daniel, I can now build two verisons of my aircraft. The first will be a simple version using the ADAC kit, along with the parts that Daniel sent me. I have the matching paint, and am waiting on the decal to be made. Later, I will do a more detailed version(will attempt open doors,etc) with the Polis kit. Just have to get my Delaware State Police Jetranger done first.

David

Edited by hooknladderno1