R/M 1/48 F-14A Tomcat

This one has been sitting on the shelf for awhile just needing seats and the canopy. I finally got it done a couple days ago. It's essentially the R/M Tomcat kit OOB. Some add-ons were Steel Beach intake covers, wheel hubs, probe covers, slime lights, and nav lights. It has resin ejection seats and a Finemolds alpha probe. It was painted with MM Acryl and weathered with oil washes and ink pen. The markings were cobbled together from the spares box.

33a.JPG

33b.JPG

33c.JPG

33d.JPG

33e.JPG

33f.JPG

33g.JPG

Edited by Darren Roberts

DRob....do you enjoy playing with my heart strings....you must, why you ask, every other kit or so you manage to come up with markings that I admire very, very much...and today its VF-33 (Starfighters or Tarsiers depending on what era you're discussing) one of the more dazzling Tomcat schemes. It's a beaut!!! oh yeah make no mistake about that. The only thing to me <~~~~~ :) that would be better is if it was in Hi-Viz. Which I'm hoping beyond all hope allowed will be easy to do orrrr...some one will have them in 1/48th. That would be TomCat's Meow (pun intended)., growl, roar whatever...Anyway as always DRob another in a long line of fantastic builds done by the one, if not only, and what appears to be continuing in the forseeable future.

Very very crisp....makes me certainly want to bump my R/M Cat up to the top of the to build list-I look forward to building mine with the nice SB goodies I have. Question, did you utilize the replacement nose cone here?

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. They are appreciated. I didn't use the replacement nose for this one because I've been collecting original release Tomcats and the noses are actually pretty good. It was later on that the noses started getting misshapen. I will be using a resin nose on an upcoming build, though.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks fantastic. Brings me back to growing up around Oceana and seeing all those wonderful Toms!!

I cannot tell by the photos, so I was wondering did you re-scribe the panel lines or are they raised?

I left them raised. I'm too lazy to rescribe! :whistle: