Hello all,

Oh my friends, i am sad, so sad. Its 01h31 here in france and i am walking around alone in my workshop with tears in my eyes.

One of my best friend passed a few hours ago. His name was Jean Pierre Dujin I meet him for the first time in 1976 and a few month later, i join him in his modeling club. At this time, my friend had already build nearly 600 1/72 aircrafts. It was hard for him to find new models an he begin to scratch build his own aircrafts. One day, a friend ask him if it was posible to make a resin copy of his last model and he did it. From this date, for each new model, Jean Pierre make a silicon molld and resin copy. Today there were nearly 150 1/72 aircraft available from sir Dujin

Two years ago, my friend ask me what aircraft model could interest me. I have a special interest for the Vietnam war and i ask him the Cessna 185/U-17 and the Hellio AU-24 Stallion. Jean Pierre was woking on the masters for thes two models when the cancer hit him. My poor friend will never finish this job and hundreds of other project. All rare and interesting aircrafts

I am so sad for his wife and chidrens, its terrible for his family.

Miss you Jean Pierre, rest in peace my friend

Here are a few models from sir Dujin

http://www.sharkit.com/sharkit/Dujin/DujinCatalog.pdf

It is always sad to hear when another scale modeler leaves the workbench forever and, in most cases, way too early to finish all his kits.

For today, you are not alone in your grief, consider a fellow german modeler grieving with you.

Regards

Thorsten

Edited by Thorsten Wieking

Yes, always sad when a fellow Modeler has to go, but with the beautiful work Jean Pierre produced, his Spirit will live long in the hearts, shelves, and stashes of we that remain.

As was said, you are not alone in your grief, consider a fellow American modeler grieving with you.

:D

Frank

I'm very sorry to hear of the death of Jean Pierre Dujin......Cancer is a horrible killer.

Jean Pierre Dujin created so many amazing aircraft kits.......he has made many people happy during his life I am sure.

His body may be gone.......but he is still nearby the ones he loves.

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your friend.

Life is so short . . . and there is so much to do in such a little time. We should cherish what we have and strive to fill our days with good things--like models and friends who share our interest in them!

cheers

Old Blind Dog

patnab,

Sorry for your loss ..MY deepest heartfelt condolences to you and Jean Pierre Dujins family and friends.

I have just seen your link for his work and he was an excellent modeler and it is a sad loss to lose such a brilliant modeler and with him, his

knowledge.

Can you finish any of his work as an Honor to your friend and his wife and family...

Rest in Peace Sir....

HOLMES :coolio::sunrevolves:

Hello patnab,

I add my condolences to those of the other members here. I have always admired Jean Pierre's kits as they were always of the more esoteric types that the major players in our hobby could not touch for economic reasons. Working in a hospital which is the major oncology centre for this region and has a hospice attached I see the suffering of cancer patients every working day (or mostly night). It really is a terrible disease and one for which I hope and pray researchers around the world can work and cooperate to find a cure for. My deepest sympathy to Jean Pierre's family and to you fellow modeler. Late last year I lost two very good friends and neighbours (husband and wife) to cancer. She died in the hospice at work and he died about 3 weeks later at home. Let's all pray that a cure and preventative measures can be found soon.

Ross.

So sad that your friend passed away. You have my deepest condolances. I looked through his work, and I must say it was very eclectic and interesting indeed. I didn´t know your friend, but judging from his work, he was the kind of modeler that most of us would like to be. I´ll definitively tru and look for pictures of his work on the net now. Thanks for sharing this with us, patnab.

Kosti

• 2 weeks later...

This is terrible news. I met Jean-Pierre at various model shows, he always had stuff I was interested in and was always keen to know what the modeller wanted, his resin kits were always highly sought-after.

A thoroughly nice man, he will certainly be missed, but his memory and legacy will live-on in the plastic that we build.

Phil Adams

Captured2004-01-0200017.jpg

Jean-Pierre at 2005 IPMS(UK) ScaleModelworld in Telford With a Mudry CAP232 of his that I built in the colours of the Moroccan Aerobatic Display Team "Green March"