New F-16 from Tamiya

I was thinking (go figure) what is taking Tamiya so long in doing a 1/48 2 seat F-16? You can cleary tell by the way they molded the kit with the seperate upper front fuselage that a 2 seater has to be in the works...question is when? 2007 the F-16CJ was released, 2008 the F-16C block 25/32 and then last year 2009 we had the F-16C/N kit so is 2010 the year of the F-16DJ followed by others or will they do a 1/32 F-16 2 seater first. Not to bash the 1/32 guys but Tamiya released the 1/32 F-16 in 2004 and it took 3 years to do the 1/48 so I hope they do a 1/48 2 seater first.

Also wonder if Tamiya will ever do another 1/48 jet, they have done the F-117 and then the F-16 series, how sweet would it be to see them do a line of F-14's!

Also wonder if Tamiya will ever do another 1/48 jet, they have done the F-117 and then the F-16 series, how sweet would it be to see them do a line of F-14's!

I would definitely buy an F-14, especially the bombcat. I personally don't enjoy addressing the issues with the Has kit. The one drawback is that Has already has a kit. It is also not operational anymore. Other possiblities... F-15C or the F-35 once they become operational.

We made a product suggestion over at the "official" (hope so) TAMIYA USA forum for the release of the tamiya 1/48 2-seat viper. Here is the link.

Hopefully we could get enough people to support us and get the attention of Mr T himself.

Eric

If Tamiya manages to position an F-14 well under Hase's pricerange, while maintaining true Tamiya quality I think they'll have a winner. But chances are it will be more expensive then Hase's F-14, which is also the case for the Vipers.

If Tamiya would do a F-14A, B, D and it was Tamiya quality, accurate, nice weapon selection I would pay $100 for it no problem. Here in Canada where I live the Hasegawa F-14 kits are $89.99 to $100 so I would have no problem with that. We also lost our Canadian distributor for Hasegawa so our LHS don't even carry it as they refuse to order it in from the U.S. distributors.