EF-10 Skyknight in Marine service

Anybody have any ideas on colors for the cockpit? I'm assuming Dark Gull Gray; I have diagrams of the instrument panels, but no pictures of the cockpit itself, and would like to do something with the Matchbox kit sitting in the stash.

Deke

I checked HERE but they only had one picture of a instrument panel.

DGG is a safe bet, but I'm thinking they may have been black.

Search under F3D Kkyknight you might get more results.

Curt

Curt,

Thank you, I already tried both options (EF-10 and F3D). The only thing I could find online were the instrument panel diagrams: no pictures. From external pictures, the parts of the cockpit I could see visible appear to be gray. I wonder if the Ginter book has any pictures?

Deke

I had a look at the Skyknight on display at the Combat Air Museum last year, and from reviewing the photos I took, it appeared to have a dark gull gray interior, but I'm not completely certain. It could very well have been all-black at one point. This page says the aircraft had changed hands a few times over its lifetime, before the CAM acquired it.

I have the Ginter book and it has no pics of the 'pit, all it has are some line drawings of the 'pit. From what I could tell in a quick look through the book there is no information concerning cockpit colors. I would say DGG or interior black would be close, if not correct.

From the instruction of Marines EF-10B Skynight (Czech Model in 48th scale): Overall Dark Gull Grey FS36231 with Flat Black rear shell and console tops, instrument panel and sidewall boxes. I hope they are right....

Gentlemen, thank you for the information.

Deke

If the cockpit of the Skyknight follows all the other Navy AC of the time it would be a black cockpit if the exterior was GSB. When the scheme changed to gray over white the cockpit changes to DGG with black console panels and instrument panel. Go to Phil's Aeronautical stuff website. He has a photo page with many detail shots of a few Skyknights in museums. There are cockpit photos there.