F-16A Thunderbird fully armed!!!

Hmmmm, I may have to do that bird as well. Reminds me of the Wingman novels a little bit (cheap 1980s mens fiction about an ex-Thunderbird pilot in a conquered post apocolyptic USA who does combat in a Thunderbirds painted F-16). :cheers:

Well,

Throw in the paint job and I'm in. That 72 hour statement has been around for a long time. Technically, while it was a tremendous feat of a lot of backbreaking work. Re-painting the aircraft was an original part of the claim.

Paul

P.S. Please do not think in any way that I am implying anything negative about this effort. The troops are always the ones that stand behind the commitment.

P

Edited by Paul Mullins

Im thinking about doing a present day variation with the Block 52.. Sniper Pod.. HTS ... ALQ184... AGM-88....that will be cool...

Yeah the Wingman series..that was a wild novel... I think though the best part of that series was when they went back to where it began...telling how the aircrews were flying in the USAF... Elvis and the F-4G Wild Weasel...that seemed more authentic then the rest of the series.

dose any body hear know what BLOCK that thunderbird f-16 is in the pictures. so i can model it because i sure don't know?

Looks like an A model to me... however if you are a rivet counter..then someone should be chiming in...

OK never had much desire to do a Thunderbird Jets (nothing against them, I just hate painting White), but looks like I'm going to have to be looking for a kit. Might even have to do a What-If and put some iron under a Blue-Angels bird.

The F-16As flown by the Thunderchickens were Block 15s and they didn't switch to Cs until 1992-93 IIRC. Easiest way to distinguish them were the larger horizontal stabs and the small A tail (block 5 and 10 jets have shorter stabs, although all those that still fly have larger stabs now, none of which are US based anymore).

Edited by Jay Chladek