Revell 1/48th F-15E

I've started to put one of these togeather for the first time and hearing that the kit is allmost faultless I'm surprised that on my kit, the main wings have set at a strange angle!

I did not trim the underside pieces because they were tight againts the fuslage and thought this would set the correct angle, now I've added the outer pieces the whole assembly look wierd when viewed from the front.

Anyone else had this problem?

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD
I've started to put one of these togeather for the first time and hearing that the kit is allmost faultless I'm surprised that on my kit, the main wings have set at a strange angle!

I did not trim the underside pieces because they were tight againts the fuslage and thought this would set the correct angle, now I've added the outer pieces the whole assembly look wierd when viewed from the front.

Shaun.

Not just with the F-15 kit, but most with a wing to fused joint, I will glue those joints last. I will shim or sand the joints to get the wing right for what I am looking for.

Think its pretty much a given a glue joint below the wing will pull the tip of the wing down. While a joint above the wing will pull the wing up.

Most fighters, people might not notice it much, when one builds Airliners "heavies" it becomes very noticeable.

Edited by Wayne S

Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

I have two F-15E Revell kits, and in both the upper fuselages were so badly warped that I had to ask Revell to send me a replacement parts.

I was actually thinking the same thing - the kit was a drean until I got to the wing joins. I glued the out wing panels first and noticed that the port wing was too straight - close to level with the ground. I tried lowering the outter panel a little but this produced a gap at the join and noticeable bend at the join. The top wing panel did not appear in the line with the interior panel. I think the issue is with the interior wing panel that is part of the fuselage. Hopefully when I attached the bottom wing panels the angle issue will be mitigated somewhat.

It was just not me then!

I thought the wing angle was a bit high.

I don't think the outer wing panels help, they curl downward on the leading edge near the tips making the whole assembly look wrong.

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD