BRONCO´S PREDATOR

Hi

Does anybody of you have already cheked the

1/48 kit listed.

According internet information, RQ and MQ drones

have different measures in lenght and wingspan, so

Which plane is representred in the kit ?

I would like to make it armed, but are the kit correct

in dimension to make this one ?

Regards

Hi

Does anybody of you have already cheked the

1/48 kit listed.

According internet information, RQ and MQ drones

have different measures in lenght and wingspan, so

Which plane is representred in the kit ?

I would like to make it armed, but are the kit correct

in dimension to make this one ?

Regards

Its the RQ-1 first generation Predator, not the Reaper.

isn´t the reaper code MQ-9 ?

Yup, you're right - RQ-1 and MQ-1 is the same aircraft. MQ-9 is the larger Reaper. Not a big UAV fan so I learned something new today. Thanks.

so the Bronco kit is the RQ/MQ-1

The Bronco kits comes with both production versions of the camera turret and antenna options, so you can make a MQ or a RQ. The 1/72 Accurate Miniatures/Platz/Italeri one comes with the older spherical turret, so if you are picky you can only make the older RQ or Italian version.

Am I the only one who finds armed drones, especially ones not operated by the US military (ie: CIA and God forbid, Blackwater) somewhat creepy? We get closer to 1984 all the time. We go blithely toodling them around various countries and firing Hellfire missiles here and there in the territory of other countries (which last I knew was an act of war) and it's just ops normal. Routine, every day stuff. It gives me the willies.

J

Am I the only one who finds armed drones, especially ones not operated by the US military (ie: CIA and God forbid, Blackwater) somewhat creepy? We get closer to 1984 all the time. We go blithely toodling them around various countries and firing Hellfire missiles here and there in the territory of other countries (which last I knew was an act of war) and it's just ops normal. Routine, every day stuff. It gives me the willies.

J

Jennings, I know we don't always see eye to eye but this is one topic I am in complete agreement with. Actually I really don't like the idea of drones, armed or unarmed, at all.

MQ-9_Reaper_CBP.jpg

Scary

I have started building the MQ-1 version of the Bronco Predator. I have been really impressed with it. Some of the parts are very small and one needs to be very careful. Needs a paint job and 2 hellfire missles (which are included).

BroncoPredator009.jpg

Dan

The Bronco kits comes with both production versions of the camera turret and antenna options, so you can make a MQ or a RQ. The 1/72 Accurate Miniatures/Platz/Italeri one comes with the older spherical turret, so if you are picky you can only make the older RQ or Italian version.

Platz 1/72 MQ-1 Has the New turret onthe The Hellfire sprue, I have the Platz RQ-1 and MQ-1 Kits

and now the Bronco 1/48 kit

Jennings, I know we don't always see eye to eye but this is one topic I am in complete agreement with. Actually I really don't like the idea of drones, armed or unarmed, at all.

Scary

Why is the Boarder Patrol drone scary? At least that or USCG homeland defense spotting drug runners or searching for people etc. in the middle of a desert or ocean makes sense.

Edited by Wayne S
I just want a 1/48 MQ-9 to build this bad puppy!

301439main_ED06-0208-1_3x4_428-321.jpg

I, too would like to see an MQ-9 kit. There MAY be one in the works from an aftermarket manufacturer.

Note, however, that the Altair has longer wings than a standard MQ-9, so it wouldn't be a straight build.