Marine corps MH-53 "PAVE HULK" spec ops helo finally done...

Simply magnificient. That camo work is amazing. I love it.

Oliver

thank you for the kind words n' input. i just wanted to share a lil' sumthin' with you guys b'coz after all, i've dunn' alot of eye'hustlin' on your builds since i joined years ago.i'm just returning a favor and giving a little back which i consider an honor considering the company residing here.

From an old Pavelow dude.......THAT IS AWESOME! Wish we had one of those for real. That would have been the best of both worlds. Outstanding build! Now go off and build more for us to enjoy. LOL.

Cheers

Matty

From an old Pavelow dude.......THAT IS AWESOME! Wish we had one of those for real. That would have been the best of both worlds. Outstanding build! Now go off and build more for us to enjoy. LOL.

Cheers

Matty

i always appreciate any and all comments given but this was my ultimate what-if project. i have a few left in the ol' grey matter but not as grand as this one. i always intended to use the revell kit but when the academy kit showed up i knew all bets were off with the revell. i dunno i just like these kinda projects b'coz i had fun building it even tho' i'm on meds now b'coz of it. i consider it an honor that you like it!
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for posting pics! I've been planning an Air Force "Super Pave Low" version kinda like this... the what-if is that it was pieced together from two wrecks, and the USAF avionics decided the tiebreaker on "who gets it". Ends up getting a pair of Hog wings testing an "AH-53 Pave Predator" conversion package for a long-range infiltrator gunship... even considering either dropping the droptanks to mount a pair of GPU-5 Pave Claw 30mm's or develop a hybrid gun/fuel pod combining a Pave Claw front half with a standard droptank back half.

That is awesome!

That almost became a reality. The days of the USAF MH-53s were always numbered, even back in the mid 90's. With the delays in the Osprey, there was a secondary proposal to purchase new CH-53Es instead. The cost of each helo and avionics update (PAVE package install) was still lower than buying the V-22. But the program was so political and had a ton of money locked up, it held out.

Thanks for showing us "what might have been".