OK, having now got some Mr Surfacer 500, 1000 and Mr Resin Primer Surfacer, whats the best way to use 'em,?

When do I use 500 as oppose to 1000?

Presuambly the resin one is a primer/surfacer for resin? :D

I've used most fillers over the year, but kept hearing about these, so thought I'd give 'em a go!

Had to get them from Japan as they aren't imported into the EU apparently :(

500 can be applied by brush to fill seams. It does tend to shrink substantially, so pretty liberal applications, though not so thick that it's running off the model. :D It can be smoothed out with nail polish remover, CA de-bonder or sanding - it wet sands beautifully. Cleans up with lacquer thinner.

1000 is a finer, thinner version of 500. Less useful for seam filling, it can be used for minor surface imperfections and checking finished seams. Thin it HEAVILY with lacquer thinner to airbrush (Gunze's Mr. Color thinner may be better, as it aparently has a sort of retarder in it), and it makes an excellent sandable primer and the perfect base coat for Alclad. You can wet sand to smooth it out and polish the Surfacer to a high shine. If it's not thinned properly, it does tend to "spiderweb" or spray out like cotton candy, but as it levels out well anyway, and can be sanded easily, it can be corrected relatively easily.

I've never used the Mr. Resin primer surfacer, but I'd imagine it's a pre-thinned, airbrush ready version of surfacer?

They also have a "Gunze Mr. Base White Primer", which is a sandable version of Mr. Surfacer 1000. It is a FANTASTIC white paint - not quite as opaque as Reefer White, but it has the added advantage (mentioned above) that it can be buffed to a HIGH gloss.

They also have a "Gunze Mr. Base White Primer", which is a sandable version of Mr. Surfacer 1000. It is a FANTASTIC white paint - not quite as opaque as Reefer White, but it has the added advantage (mentioned above) that it can be buffed to a HIGH gloss.

Thanks MoFo - forgot to mention I got some of that as well :D