After a modeling lull for the last few months, I wanted to get back at it with an easy build, something small, simple, and not a natural metal finish....so I chose a 1/72 RB-36H....yeah, I know. Here's what I've got so far.

P3020004.jpg

P3030023.jpg

P3080003.jpg

P3110023.jpg

P3110027.jpg

Edited by chopperpilot71

Thanks for comments folks, they're motivating (and I definately need it!) Okay, since my last update I had a painting catastrophy, the entire spine area from behind the wing and all the way back had to be sanded down to the plastic and re-done!! I almost gave up, but thankfully I was able to recover and get it re-painted. (sheeww!) I have the props painted and almost ready to decal, and I got some more metalizing complete. I should be wrapping things up this weekend on it.

P3210078.jpg

P3210080.jpg

P3210071.jpg

Awesome! Just, awesome. Really like the finish and the props. Wheels are great too. I would flatten the bottoms to give them some footprint, though. Big beast like this didn't stand up on its tippy toes. Looking forward to more.

Rick L.

Thanks for comments folks, they're motivating (and I definately need it!) Okay, since my last update I had a painting catastrophy, the entire spine area from behind the wing and all the way back had to be sanded down to the plastic and re-done!! I almost gave up, but thankfully I was able to recover and get it re-painted. (sheeww!) I have the props painted and almost ready to decal, and I got some more metalizing complete. I should be wrapping things up this weekend on it.

P3210078.jpg

P3210080.jpg

That is some of the most realistic paint chipping I've ever seen on a prop in any scale, let alone 1/72nd. How'd you do it?

FANTASTIC work on this bomber. I really like what you're doing here.

Pretty much done, just gotta add the sway braces to the jet pods, and re-attach the nose and tail guns as well as a couple antenna's. It'll be a while before I do a natural metal model again! Although I had a great time building it!!

1.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg