this is another of my kits dat i finished up. it is done with the cobra co. resin sets and i added some interior stuff like the fast rope,mg's,anti-tank missile, containers ,n' troop helmets. i added the cobra co. gun to the pylon but could'nt figure out how and where to put the ammo feed until after i had finished. i hope you like it.Picture159.jpg

Looks pretty good. Some of your colors are off though. It looks like you painted it helo drab green. All 160th MH-60Ls are flat black. The rotors shouldn't be green either. It is way overloaded in the configuration you have it too. The twin hardpoint ESSS wings with all the other weapons and ammo would make that aircraft too heavy to take off. That is why actual DAPS fly with the single hardpoint ESSS wings and just the miniguns. Good concept, but not feasible as depicted.

Looks pretty good. Some of your colors are off though. It looks like you painted it helo drab green. All 160th MH-60Ls are flat black. The rotors shouldn't be green either. It is way overloaded in the configuration you have it too. The twin hardpoint ESSS wings with all the other weapons and ammo would make that aircraft too heavy to take off. That is why actual DAPS fly with the single hardpoint ESSS wings and just the miniguns. Good concept, but not feasible as depicted.

hey you are right about that but i was just going for an all-out look. i did'nt know they are supposed to flat black but i know now and will apply that know-how on my next build. is the mh-47 also flat black or is it another color?

Nope, for some reason, they are Helo Drab Green, go figure.

mh-47g.jpg

040314-A-xxxxS-006.jpg

i have the nightstalkers book by fred j. pushies and the mh-60l does'nt look black it looks way lighter than that. i want to do a mh-47 in 1/35 but the guy doin' the conversion has'nt given a update on the status in a while. i painted my dap in a dark gray by polly s and the rotors in olive drab just to provide a contrast to it.

Just as in the other US Army, 160th SOAR MH-60L color discussion we had on this forum a day or two ago, they are flat black. They may fade to a dark black-gray, but they start out flat balck.

Edited by HeavyArty