AFV Club RF-5E Tigereye

Rumour has it that AFV club refuses to sell these in the US, because of all the piracy and copyright violators in Eastern Europe.

(hey, all caucasians look the same, right?)

Rumour has it that AFV club refuses to sell these in the US, because of all the piracy and copyright violators in Eastern Europe.

(hey, all caucasians look the same, right?)

Can you tell me one company in Europe, which was copying a plastic kits??

I got the AFV Club F-5E last night and started working on it right away.

I must say this kit is a beauty! The fit of the parts is great - I now have the aft fuselage and wings glued together, and most of the front fuselage is also glued together awaiting painting and finishing of the cockpit.

The surface detail might not be quite as delicate as on the Tamiya F-16 but at least this kit doesn't have loads of ejection pin marks in odd places. :bandhead2:

Regards,

Jens

Can you tell me one company in Europe, which was copying a plastic kits??

Pavel, I'm pretty sure MoFo was just kidding. :thumbsup: It's a reference to Giles' thread on how a manufacturer refused to sell decals to Singapore because of copyright issues in Asia.

See, a decal company in the US refuses to sell his products to a modeller in Singaporge, because that's somehow related to China's notorious copyright violations, even though the two countries have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and Singapore's 2000+ miles from China. Which suggests a fairly racist "all them Asians look the same to me" line of 'thought' from said decal producer.

So I am now satirizing that situation by flipping it around: an Asian manufacturer has a product that isn't available in the US, and suggesting that they are doing so because a.) Eastern Europe is also notorious for copyright violation (particularly Russia, and not necessarily in the model industry... though Pavla has pirated NeOmega sets in the past, and there's plenty of Russian sites with pirated book downloads); b.) both the US and Eastern Europe are populated (largely) by caucasians; and c.) all white people look must the same if you're Asian... illustrates just how absurd it is to paint widely differing ethnographic groups with the same flawed (and racist) brush.

Except explaining it that way sort of takes a bit of the punch out of the joke. :lol:

From the AFV Club web site:

AR48105

RF-5E TIGEREYE

New tooling nose part and canopy for reconnaissance version.

New tooling antennas, hot flares launcher and LEX..

New tooling ""shark nose"" nose cone and landing gear doors, etc.

Sharply carved panel lines.

Landing gear hatches can be modeled in open or closed position.

Excellent detailed instrument panels.

Option parts included to model opened or closed auxiliary air intake.

Flaps can be posed in any angle.

Precision photo-etched parts included.

See, a decal company in the US refuses to sell his products to a modeller in Singaporge, because that's somehow related to China's notorious copyright violations, even though the two countries have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and Singapore's 2000+ miles from China. Which suggests a fairly racist "all them Asians look the same to me" line of 'thought' from said decal producer.

So I am now satirizing that situation by flipping it around: an Asian manufacturer has a product that isn't available in the US, and suggesting that they are doing so because a.) Eastern Europe is also notorious for copyright violation (particularly Russia, and not necessarily in the model industry... though Pavla has pirated NeOmega sets in the past, and there's plenty of Russian sites with pirated book downloads); b.) both the US and Eastern Europe are populated (largely) by caucasians; and c.) all white people look must the same if you're Asian... illustrates just how absurd it is to paint widely differing ethnographic groups with the same flawed (and racist) brush.

Except explaining it that way sort of takes a bit of the punch out of the joke. :lol:

Or it's entirely possible, that like most Americans, said individual couldn't find China on a map of the world. (No personal attack intended hear, just my usual spouting-off about our typical American lack of geographical knowledge). I remember back in the early 90s that something on the order of 70% of U.S. college sophomores could not find the USSR on a map of the world. Over 50% could not locate Canada or Mexico! :rofl:

So with a F-5E box, we can make a F-5N.

Today, with a regular F-5E Afv, you need the Wolfpack conversion (plus minor part to scratch), AFV I hope shortly to produce a mainstream version of duck-nose, looking at the sprue appears just possible.

Howsabout we just get the basic F-5E into distribution over here!

Hi, my name is Jim and am new to this forum.

I work for Merit International Ltd and hope I can fill fellow modelers in with the latest news on the distribution of AFV Club Products in the U.S.

Hope I will not violate this forum's regulation by doing this.

The AFV F-5E is in country and available through regular U.S. Hobby Distribution.

http://merit-intl.com/month/afv-ar48102.htm

Please support your local hobby shop(S) and happy modeling. :thumbsup:

Today, with a regular F-5E Afv, you need the Wolfpack conversion (plus minor part to scratch), AFV I hope shortly to produce a mainstream version of duck-nose, looking at the sprue appears just possible.

I talked about the tigereye release.

See the features:

New tooling nose part and canopy for reconnaissance version.

New tooling antennas, hot flares launcher and LEX..

New tooling ""shark nose"" nose cone and landing gear doors, etc.

Sharply carved panel lines.

Landing gear hatches can be modeled in open or closed position.

Excellent detailed instrument panels.

Option parts included to model opened or closed auxiliary air intake.

Flaps can be posed in any angle.

Precision photo-etched parts included.

Mix of the F-5E boxing and the RF-5E boxing, and you can make a F-5N (except the late model ejection seat)

I remember back in the early 90s that something on the order of 70% of U.S. college sophomores could not find the USSR on a map of the world.

Ill bet that the number of U.S. college sophomores that cannot locate the USSR on a map is 100% now.

:)

Ill bet that the number of U.S. college sophomores that cannot locate the USSR on a map is 100% now.

:lol:

LOL, well, at the time anyway…

I'll bet they couldn't find Russia now.