Tamiya 1/48 P-51 Mustang III

Hi there!

long time since my previous post. I'm still very busy with my twins but slowly I'm being able to do some modeling. Looking for some inspiration, I started something absolutely new, or almost, for me. 1/48 and WWII...

First of all, let me say that my knowledge on this area has been limited, modellistically talking, till now. So I think I still need to learn a thing or two... :thumbsup:

So well, I started as usual with the office. As I was planing this to be a "fast" build, I decided to purchase the Legend resin cockpit set.... BUT, as one of my favorite songs by Keane, I started to think "you can do better than this...." :rofl: And here we are... Another full scratchbuilt cockpit almost finished and awaiting painting. I admit I've enjoyed the bigger size and the bigger "tolerances".

Here you've a few pics on how it looks right now. Any comments welcomed! :rofl:

comp2.jpg

Edited by Juanjo D.

I'm looking forward to watch this build, as your work is always inspiring.

Did you ever finish that A-4AR, the last post here was sometime last year with a couple of cockpit shots, I was really hoping to see more of it!

-Hoops

So kind mates! :cheers: Your comments are always encouraging...

About the A-4AR.... It was ready for painting, I already scratchbuilt and detailed landing gears, wheel wells, made those nice red FOD covers... But I simply lost inspiration... :) I still think some day will re-start to finish it.... After all I've a debt with my friend El Pibe Vitina as the A-4AR is one of his favourite aircrafts and I was looking forward to share an article with him.... But, well, I think I wont be writing full build articles for a time... :D

Regards

Juanjo

... After all I've a debt with my friend El Pibe Vitina as the A-4AR is one of his favourite aircrafts and I was looking forward to share an article with him....

Juanjo, take it easy... I never will put pressure on you to finish the A-4AR.

allglorytothehypnotoad.jpg

Jokes apart, you are doing an incredible work in the cockpit. I always admire your skills superdetailing this kind of parts, and this is a great example to follow very close.

Please, keep showing your work mate.

Regards!

PS: time to change the scale in your banner!

Juanjo, take it easy... I never will put pressure on you to finish the A-4AR.

Jokes apart, you are doing an incredible work in the cockpit. I always admire your skills superdetailing this kind of parts, and this is a great example to follow very close.

Please, keep showing your work mate.

Regards!

PS: time to change the scale in your banner!

Whow mate, what a banner! :thumbsup: Intense... :D

Will have on mind what you said about my banner... But let me first finish something at 1/48!!!! :worship:

Take care, friend

Edited by Juanjo D.
  • 1 year later...

Hi there!

More than a year after the previous update I think I've finished the scratch on the cockpit... My twins are now three years old and it seems I'm having a bit of time for modeling. :smiley-transport006: (I've seen we've some nice new emoticons!!!)

The N3B sight has some 25 pieces in itself and only lacks the clear part and a couple of nuts...

Hope you enjoy the pics and hope I can return soon with more pics... This would mean I'm still modeling... :blush:

comp-1b.jpg

Edited by Juanjo D.

J***r chico! Que fantastico! Mas trabajo de "Los Maestros Españoles".

The detail work is so clean and sharp. It makes me want to go to the bench and get to work.

Muchísimas gracias, Pete!!! Cuanto tiempo!!! Do you still have that taste for the spanish food?! We still have pending a couple of Cruzcampos if I can recall... :rolleyes:

Take care, friend!

De nada! Si muchas meses entre...

Claro me gusta comida español! My wife just returned from Madrid with bags of Jamon Ruffles, Mahou, Marcilla cafe, banderillas, aceitunas con ancho...pues y mucho mas! :whistle:

Hombre - vamos a ser en españa mucho en el proximo año (cuatro tiempos si recuerdo correctamente) y si puedo, quiero a volver a seville, porque el primero tiempo estba alli, yo estaba muy muy infermo.

Ahora - mas trabajo en el Mustang!

Muchísimas gracias, Pete!!! Cuanto tiempo!!! Do you still have that taste for the spanish food?! We still have pending a couple of Cruzcampos if I can recall... :rolleyes:

Take care, friend!

De nada! Si muchas meses entre...

Claro me gusta comida español! My wife just returned from Madrid with bags of Jamon Ruffles, Mahou, Marcilla cafe, banderillas, aceitunas con ancho...pues y mucho mas! :whistle:

Hombre - vamos a ser en españa mucho en el proximo año (cuatro tiempos si recuerdo correctamente) y si puedo, quiero a volver a seville, porque el primero tiempo estba alli, yo estaba muy muy infermo.

Ahora - mas trabajo en el Mustang!

Leave me a PM if you finally come to Sevilla and will try to arrange a couple of cold Cruzcampos with some pescaito frito... :beer4:

Un saludo!

i would like to say that i'm completely offended by how awesome this build is so far. i've just started attempting scratch build parts my self, and it's not that easy. hat's off to you sir. i'm blown away. :worship:

So kind. Will not say scratch is easy because it isn't... But once you've some practice its only a matter of work and planification... And over all, to me, it's the most rewarding part of the hobby... You can't stop once you start :woot.gif:

I still remember my first "serious" scratch built item...

DSCN0835.jpg

I started with that and ended up involved in a one whole year full time project... :lol:

a002.jpg

mh53j-b-02.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg

After that one, all my projects include scratchbuilding... More time comsuming, yes, but very very rewarding... :)

• 4 weeks later...

What was an easy project that started buying a resin cockpit is becoming, as usually, another thing... :rolleyes:

Finally decided to rivet the surface using my RTR riveter... I've built also the rear wheel well as did'nt like the bare area Tamiya provides.

Here you've a couple of pics. Hope you enjoy'em... :)

comp-3.jpg

Edited by Juanjo D.