C-141B "Lizard Scheme"?

I am currently building the 1/72 Anigrand C-131B and would like to finish it in the “lizard†paint scheme. Is there anyone that has a copy of a paint diagram for this scheme? I believe that DML/Dragon produced a 1/200 kit several years ago and if I could possibly get a scan of the paint instructions it would be much appreciated?

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by Gump27

I take it you mean the C-141B Starlifter and not the C-131 Samaritan..?

If so, you can view all official USAF paint schemes, including the lizard camouflage for the C-141B, in a document called Technical Order 1-1-4 - link to a pdf. Europe One Starlifters are at pages D14 and D15.

HTH!,

Andre

Edited by Andre

Hi Andre

Sorry about that, I meant to say 141 not 131. I have edited the post to read the proper 141.

Thank you for the USAF Tech order. I have not been to this site but it looks like it has got some great information that will be helpful in many projects.

Many thanks!

Chris

I take it you mean the C-141B Starlifter and not the C-131 Samaritan..?

If so, you can view all official USAF paint schemes, including the lizard camouflage for the C-141B, in a document called Technical Order 1-1-4 - link to a pdf. Europe One Starlifters are at pages D14 and D15.

HTH!,

Andre

Sorry about that, I meant to say 141 not 131. I have edited the post to read the proper 141.

Oh, no apologies needed - I thought it would make sense that you would mean the C-141 since this is the Jet section and, as far as I know, the C-131 was never flown in Europe 1, but I didn not want to assume.

Thank you for the USAF Tech order. I have not been to this site but it looks like it has got some great information that will be helpful in many projects.

It sure is! Glad to have been of help.

There are a couple of older versions floating around the net as well, with older types that were out of service when this copy was minted - a simple Google search will yield those.

Cheers,

Andre

While on the subject of the C-131 Samaritan (which, incidentally, was also used in the very first fixed Gunship tests that lead to the AC-47) - if anyone has a desire for an oddbal model, you could do less weird and wonderful than this. :-)

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

I don’t think there are any aftermarket sets available for the C-141. I was hoping Draw Decals would do something like they did for the C-17 but I haven’t seen anything as of yet. I was thinking of using the kit markings as well as piecing together a few from other sheets. The Euro I scheme looks pretty devoid of markings so I figure I won’t need that many. I am also planning to mask the walkways for the wings. I am sure that will require more patience that I can muster.

Chris

Chris, do you have a source for 1:72 Euro-1 markings? Conversely, would the kit markings (for theAMC gray scheme, I assume) be compatible with the older paint scheme?