A couple of shots of yesterday's moody but beautiful sunrise here

:D,

I thought I would share some pics of yeterday's sunrise. It was a very moody, yet beautiful sunrise. I took them from the front of the hospital where I work, situated about 700' up an 800' hill and looking out over Newcastle. We really do get some gorgeous sunrises from this position and from the Old Convent we can get the sunrise and sunset. I'm on afternoon shift tomorrow so I might try and get some of the sunset if it's worth photographing.

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

My apologies for the quality, they were taken on my mobile phone.

:yahoo:,

Ross.

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbsup:, I've had the privelege of taking some more sunrises and sunsets in the intervening weeks since I first started this thread and I've been thinking perhaps we could all share our sunrise/sunset/cloud formation pictures. I'm sure that beautiful photos of the sunrises/sunsets/clouds can be had anywhere in the world if we're in the right place at the right time and we have a digital camera or mobile phone with us at the time. I take my camera bag everywhere now, even to work. In the bag I have a Canon 350D DSLR and a couple of lenses to go with it, a Canon A550 digital camera and of course my mobile phone. Normally the camera bag stays locked up in the office and I get it out if I see something interesting. On the other I carry the mobile everywhere I go, including when I'm locking up or unlocking the hospital.

I'd love to see some of the photos you aircrew types take of clouds and the like. You guys must have some real cracking pics of natural weather phenomena. How about sharing them with us and not just the aircrew boys and girls, but the ground bound as well. I hope you'll all think this suggestion over and share some of your beautiful weather photos with us. BTW, thank you for the compliments, those pics were just the result of being in the right place at the right time and having a little bit of equipment. Perhaps we should thank God for providing the conditions in the first place.

:jaw-dropping:,

Ross.

Here's a sunset, photo made in the wake of a rather sudden and in some places, destructive rain & hail storm a couple of weeks ago. 22 Mar. '10.

385435015.jpg

Pretty end to a hectic hour or so.

We didn't get hit in our locality, but plenty of people suffered property damage.

G

Edited by Grant in West Oz

Ross, these are some beautiful sunrise images! I love those Altocumulus clouds.

Not a phenomenon nor exactly sunrise, still I hope it captures the peacefulness the skies can show.

Scattered Cumulus clouds, sticking out of the sea haze in local morning light conditions above the Indian Ocean, as seen from FL350, with even higher cirrus clouds above.

Sea_and_clouds_FL350_indianocean.jpg

:Dgreat shot Red Indian,

Just the type of thing I was referring to. It's still a beautiful shot with those white clouds, the blues, purples and even a hint of red and yellow here and there. Thank you for sharing them.

:bandhead2:,

Ross.

ps. I'll try to find the time to upload some of my most recent shots tomorrow or Sunday.