Cobra Company has something new

I have one of these 1/48 Revell H-34G kits (#4467) in my stash that I'm never going to build if anyone is interested.

PM out.

I am looking forward to getting the CC set. Just need some decals to match.

looks very good overall

Can not conceal its relationship to the Cutting Edge :salute:

Considering I made the original patterns and allowed Cutting Edge to copy and distribute them, they certainly are related. The meager set which Cutting Edge sold has been greatly enhanced by adding details to the original parts and fabricating entirely new ones to expand the reach of the set.

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

Considering I made the original patterns and allowed Cutting Edge to copy and distribute them, they certainly are related. The meager set which Cutting Edge sold has been greatly enhanced by adding details to the original parts and fabricating entirely new ones to expand the reach of the set.

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

This is great! Looks awesome. Now where in the world are we going to find 48th scale H-34's for a resonable price, if you find one at all?

Brock

This is great! Looks awesome. Now where in the world are we going to find 48th scale H-34's for a resonable price, if you find one at all?

Brock

Keep a look out on the ARC, they can be found with time and for a reasonable price.

Brock

Maybe you can luck into 48th Revell Wessex...(I did...twice).

Almost as good as scoring a H-34, and maybe, MAYBE, ... "someone" will do a conversion to make it into a H-34...

Edited by Whirlybird
Maybe you can luck into 48th Revell Wessex...(I did...twice).

Almost as good as scoring a H-34, and maybe, MAYBE, ... "someone" will do a conversion to make it into a H-34...

Saw one of these recently, how much work would it take to turn it into a H-34?

Is the nose part of the whole fuselage?

mason

AAh, I see. I didn't know that you made the original set for Cutting Edge :woot.gif:

Saw one of these recently, how much work would it take to turn it into a H-34?

Is the nose part of the whole fuselage?

mason

Expect the overall work the whole Kit needs, the nose is not a part of the whole fuselage. It's seperated from the halves to allow the Wessex variants or the other way round. A difference in the fuselage halves are the differenz sized cabin windows. Both Wessex kits have the Bigger HAS/HU/HCC ones.

And here I am tuck with the Stupid Wessex instead of the H-34

You can probably get big bucks for it. The molds for that kit were irreparably damaged several years ago (that came directly from Revell Germany's rep at Telford). There won't be any more of them.

J

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

I am no expert but i believe with your set that either the US or the -34G German kits can be used for a US Marine helo.

joe.

I am no expert but i believe with your set that either the US or the -34G German kits can be used for a US Marine helo.

joe.

Yes, you are correct. The H-34D and H-34G boxings were the same with the exception of the decals. There are some modifications to make to the plastic, no matter which one of the kits you have. But they are simple ones spelled out in the instructions for the resin set.

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

Yes, you are correct. The H-34D and H-34G boxings were the same with the exception of the decals. There are some modifications to make to the plastic, no matter which one of the kits you have. But they are simple ones spelled out in the instructions for the resin set.

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

thanks Chris,

Order coming soon.

joe.

I lucked up at our annual contest on Saturday and picked one of these kits up for $10.

I consider that the biggest steal I've ever gotten.

Just thought it funny Cobra Company came out with an update set for a kit so hard to find. I started to think it was going to be re-released, but from reading other people's posts on the kit, I guess that's not going to happen.

JED

I lucked up at our annual contest on Saturday and picked one of these kits up for $10.

I consider that the biggest steal I've ever gotten.

Just thought it funny Cobra Company came out with an update set for a kit so hard to find. I started to think it was going to be re-released, but from reading other people's posts on the kit, I guess that's not going to happen.

JED

The kit is hard to find because most people who have them don't sell them. Now with the impetus provided to make a decent build those people sitting on them may build them. Like me. I have 1 H-34D, 3 H-34G, 2 Wessex Has.3 and 1 HU.5 in Queens Flight markings. I'll actually build them now, the first H-34 I built was donated to the Helicopter Foundation International museum of kits.

I agree that $10 for one of these kits is a steal!

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

Chris

Thank so much for releasing this set. I only saw it today, yeah I know I get out from under my rock every so often ;). I only have 3 of the kits, 1 x H-34D, 1 x H-34G and 1 x Wessex. I recently picked up a second H-34D for $20 CDN which was great I thought and I sold it to my friend who had none.

I will pick up your set (probably along with more stuff) as I only have one of the CE sets. Since your set looks bigger and probably better that is great for me.

Did you think about doing anything else for the kit? Just wondering out loud here.

As for decals, I saw that Flying Leathernecks has an upcoming sheet so maybe now is the time of the H-34.