Early Crusaders - Will Hasegawa Release One in 1/48?

Possible, the molds always suggested that possibility... hope they don't take a short cut and just go over the front fuselage... that windscreen has a slot that's gotta go (still scratching my head why they did it that way).

I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that one is coming in 1/48th scale.

Anybody have anything reliable?

Unless you saw it on the Hasegawa stand at the Shizuoka Hobby Show, it's just that: unsubstantiated rumors.

J

Wow I had not heard this,

I hope so, would be typical as I have a few cobra sets now!

The only thing for certain is the Muroc Models is doing a 1.48 conversion for an early sader. This will mirror his excellent 1.72 efforts. Will include a new front part forward of the front screen with the nose molded correctly and a new vac form from screen.

At present there is only the hard to find and very epensive sutting edge set and the cobra set. Both are good but missed the point with the nose shape. It is easier to rework the existing E nose to get the shape rather than use one of these conversions.

You also have to redo the front screen which is a tricky job, I cut the middle portion out and replaced it with a part cut from a CD case.

I certainly hope someone will do an injected one, also an RF-8 please!

Julien

Then you always have the probability of Hobbyboss announcing one next year for 2011/12. They may do more in 48th than 32nd simply as more people may buy multiples in the smaller scales than in 32nd Think about the SLUFs, 2 in 32nd and 6 or 7 each in 48th and 72nd. Even we may be seeing a new tooled AU-1 in 48th when they never did one in 32nd (despite the existance of a very good Hasegawa kit)

But considering how long the Japanese companies seem to take on releasing 'obvious' next releases (TA-4, TF-104, Tamiya Fw-190A8...) who knows when we may see one from Hasegawa

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts
Early F-8 would be nice. But a RF-8 would sell better.

I'd also rather see an injection molded RF-8, early or late (how 'bout both!). From what I've seen from afar, I could live with Muroc's early 'Sader conversion, as long as it's made for the Hasegawa kit and not Monogram.