F-102 paint color

The 57th FIS used fluorescent red-orange (the FS number escapes me). Many 102s used 12197 International Orange, but the 57th seems to have only used fluorescent. That came to me when I did the Fox One Deuce sheets from a former 57th pilot.

J

One of the top five maxims of modeling: Whatever version I want to build is the one the kit isn't.

Which makes Monogram's decision to retool the wingtips on their F-102 to Case X even more puzzling.

Regards,

Murph

You know how Internet forums have the option to ignore posts by certain users? Well, Murph's ignored all scales except 1:72. It's like explaining to a horse how to use the hatswitch on the control stick with its thumb -- the horse lacks the necessary mental framework to understand "thumb", let alone the rest of the sentence. That's Murph and any scale other 1:72. :coolio:

Edited by Slartibartfast
You know how Internet forums have the option to ignore posts by certain users? Well, Murph's ignored all scales except 1:72.

Then it's not really working well if he knows about, and refers to, a 1:48 kit, namely the Monogram F-102. :P

Scales other than 1/72 exist? When did that happen?

Regards,

Murph

What are these other scales you keep speaking of?

Regards,

Murph

Yes, I'm curious too. How can there be any other scales? :thumbsup:

*Jackman, the 1/72 scaler*

I know for a fact the Deuces in Alaska used the international orange, but those in Iceland with the 57th used a color that spans the gamet from Insignia Red to full on international orange depending on the pictures you look at. It is certainly more in the realm of "flourescent red" than orange, but I say pick the color that looks the best to you and let haters sip on their Haterade all day long while you actually finish a kit. Thus spaketh a pilot.

• 1 month later...