Well it was garbage day today as I left for work at 5:00am this morning and there it was, the Bear crossing our street and heading off to the mountians, he got one bag before the garbage guys came. I came home from work and there was the garbage bag torn apart in our driveway. I think when I leave for work in the morning I'm going to start carrying the 45 with me to the car, yep it's spring time here in Northeast Pa :)

18 and very sunny here the last few days. REALLY want to put out the patio furniture for the first time on the deck I built in September. However........its March. We are bound to get a couple more snow storms. Just too early here yet.

Ah, what clinched it for me was this little songbird. A female...American robin.

Haven't seen a robin yet. The robin is the official state bird of Michigan.

I could never figure out why we'd have a state bird that leaves the state

for half the year. Considering the state of things around here, maybe the

robin leaving like that is trying to show the rest of us what we need to do!

I have always thought the blue jay a better choice, since it stays here year

'round, but I'll bet a lot of Tigers fans would be quick to disagree with me! :thumbsup:

Nothing says spring ,like the song of a Robin ! The Geese are here as are a few Red Winged Black Birds and my two a pack neighbour ,gleefully butting out the first cancer stick of the pre-spring equinox....

Bravo oh globe of life !

Paul T (yah I know....non smoker for almost 9 years)

Oh, man, I've been trying to nail a picture of a Red Winged Blackbird and every damned time I'm out with the D50...it's NEVER around. I'm walking with my Nikon L11 and sure enough it's sitting on a high-tension hi-power line going "reet-reet-reet-reet...honk a reeeeeee - conk!". I'm sure that damned bird is laughing at me. <_< I'm sure of it, Paul. :woo: Where you at? I see those darned birds all the time here in Surrey...EXCEPT when I have the lens that I need (the 70-300mm G) to capture them on camera.

Here too...took my Harley to work yesterday and today and going riding tomorrow! <_<

Almost took mine out, then decided not to, still a good amount of sand on the roads.

Oh, man, I've been trying to nail a picture of a Red Winged Blackbird and every damned time I'm out with the D50...it's NEVER around.

If you ever around the Rhode Island area, I could help you with that. Ton of them in the cove here.

Here ya go Animal. Shot this last May on my ranch with my D50.

blackbirdpost.jpg

I got a sunburn from being outside on Thursday and the streets were glazed with ice and snow on Friday. It is Spring in Nebraska.

Yep. When the Robins start showing up in Nebraska, they often signal the return of................... 10" of heavy wet snow. I don't consider it spring until I see green popping out of the buds on trees, and I can start hunting wild asparagus.

Rick L.

• 3 weeks later...
Here ya go Animal. Shot this last May on my ranch with my D50.

blackbirdpost.jpg

Yep. When the Robins start showing up in Nebraska, they often signal the return of................... 10" of heavy wet snow. I don't consider it spring until I see green popping out of the buds on trees, and I can start hunting wild asparagus.

Rick L.

AWESOME photo...

very calming !!! :cheers:

18 and very sunny here the last few days. REALLY want to put out the patio furniture for the first time on the deck I built in September. However........its March. We are bound to get a couple more snow storms. Just too early here yet.

First March in history with NO recordable amounts of snow. Deck furniture is out. And it was 25 on Friday. Bloody hot for this time of year.