When you get to Tulsa, there are a handfull. Best of all is Top Shelf models in Owasso (just North of Tulsa on HW 169). Next is Hobby Town in South Tulsa. There are also a few other shops around. Go to my club web site, www.tulsaipms.org for a list in the resources section.

Also, might I recommend stopping at the Kirkpatrick Science Center in Edmond, OK (just north of Oklahoma City)? It is just south of old Route 66 and it has plenty of cool aircraft and space based hardware on display. It makes a good hour to two hour pitstop.

Edited by Jay Chladek
Also, might I recommend stopping at the Kirkpatrick Science Center in Edmond, OK (just north of Oklahoma City)? It is just south of old Route 66 and it has plenty of cool aircraft and space based hardware on display. It makes a good hour to two hour pitstop.

I second that as well as the Tulsa Air & Space museum which is about 5 miles from Top Shelf models.

What time of the year will you be swinging through? There may be a contest going on where you pass through. Drop me an email when en route and if I am free, I can help you on upcoming events along route 66 especially in Tulsa.

Edited by drhornii

Thank you gentlemen, your help, as usual is great.

Might get the chance of a pit-stop, depends on SWMBO!

Most time will be spent in / around the L.A. area (only driving around 2500 miles)

Doesn't seem to be a great number around the 'bay' area,

either L.A. or San Diego, or is it just me?

Once again,

<_<

Paul

There is a nice little shop in Springfield IL. Not a huge selection, but what they have is cheaper than retail by a long shot. Good place to get some of the bigger stuff. But, if this is not a hobby shop trip and you had to pick a spot, this is not it. Keep going to St Louis.

Mark