Minor Omacon weather update

Well, for those of you who plan to hit the road to travel to Council Bluffs, IA for the Omacon contest on Saturday, be aware we have some slushy snow falling tonight. The prediction is 2 to 4 inches with it ending by midnight. Tomorrow it will be above freezing, so if you drive in daylight the roads will likely be fine. Once the sun goes down, things might ice up, but this is very wet slushy stuff that seems to be sticking more to grass and trees rather then road surfaces. The cold front and low pressure system that produced this crap is going to slide a bit further to the south, so the drive up from Kansas City might be a little messy, but things should clear nicely once you get north of Saint Joe and the drive home should be fine. Roads to the north and east from Des Moines should be fine.

As such, please come and enjoy a day with plastic from the club that will be hosting the IPMS Nationals in 2011. Expect a fun time to be had by all with afternoon dining available from Famous Daves BBQ next door and the nearby Bass Pro shop. The SAC Museum is about halfway to Lincoln and of course there are also a pair of well stocked Hobbytown USA shops in Omaha that are open until 6:00PM for your shopping pleasure if you happen to NOT find what you are looking for at one of the Omacon vendors tables. In my own case, I'll be selling some stuff. So I would love it if you could help find new homes in your basements for my kits. These kits have seen the inside of my basement, so I want them to get out and see other people's basements. ;)