ORP "Judgement Day" battleship 1/250

Hello!

This is a project started a long time ago on MODELWORK forum but I'd like to share it here also. As it was said in title,this is my conversion of battleship Yamato by Doyusha,a very big one :) 105 cm overall lenght. Firt , I wanted to make a model of real Yamato but after lecture of Janusz Skulski book "Yamato-anatomy of the ship" I got a "bad feeling about it". Then I watched "Starblazers" and that was end of thinking about real model <_< I decided to modify my Yamato into Polish future battleship similar to Space Battleship Yamato but floating not flying.I love to built imaginary polish military machines (but based on real sf (or real) models,now I'm scratchbuilding a polish mech from September 1939 :doh: ). I wanted to make a big, bad,armed to the teeth ship with serious name :woo: It is WIP still because a have a few problems with it but my friend came with solutions and I'm going to continue with it soon. I'd like to know yours opinions about it :doh: Now the photos...a few of them:

I want to make something simmilar:

ship_yamato.jpg

Superstructure:

sby3.jpg

PC270003.jpg

PC270002.jpg

Overall:

sby1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey HOLMES!

Well, I have: A-7,P-7a and P-11 in final phase so I'm working on them.Battleship is progressing very slowly.I have a few projects "in progress" ( and one of them is "scratch")so it's difficult for me to achieve a good speed in making my battleship.A full list now:

A-10 1:48

PFoWM LRAM v.2S "Rusty"+Pzkpfw 1 Ausf B 1:72 (I'll explain this when I'll put WIP here)

TYPE91 tank 1:35

Judgement day 1:250

YF-19 1:48

Tyrannosaurus Rex (I don't know scale)

A-7 Corsair 1:48

P-11 and P-7a 1:72

PZL DW-60 "Thor" dropship based on Osprey+hovertank-1:72

Qui-gonn lightsabre 1:1

Anyway I succeed in making an anchor with real chain :D

P4030074.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday propulsion tests took place :) Results? I have to remember that I should swim with no more than 1/3 of power. If not... battleship will transform itself into something with speed close to torpedo boat :) Sorry for no photos from tests :)

Top secret photos of propulsion and steering devices :D

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0514.jpg

DSCN0515.jpg

Overall:

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0523.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Was that an X-02 Wyvern I saw in one of those pics?

No , it isn't Wyvern. It's something that I found in scrap box and it's made of paper and styrene :)

Anyway, hello after long break :) And I have to say that battleship with each day is closer to finish :) This is status for today:

DSCN1398.jpg

DSCN1618_zps49afbdc9.jpg

DSCN1620_zps3dc4e5c5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Strange how red color changes ship :) Photo made two weeks ago:

DSCN1642_zps393766ba.jpg

"Judgement Day" took part in contest: photo from there:

DSCN1701_zpsa5d11a68.jpg

And today photo just after propulsion tests.

DSCN1812_zps518c8a16.jpg

Short movie from launching and more photos of finished model this week (I hope so) :)

• 11 months later...

Hello!

It's high time to post final pics and short film:) The launch took place a year ago (sorry :( )

And few photos:

Unlucky for some unexpected spectators...

DSCN1839_zps2be5ff96.jpg

DSCN1840_zps008df21c.jpg

...launch was succesful...

DSCN1828_zps6168011f.jpg

...so unprepared enemies had to leave in a hurry:)

DSCN1825_zpsefa2ecc5.jpg

DSCN1871_zps672f31e9.jpg