......it signals to the consumer that they should use less of it and signals to the producers that they should make more of it...

.....and signals to to others ....give us/produce/ invent/make an alternate fuel too..

I really don't know..all I know is that BOY it is pricey !!! :D :P

HOLMES{ who needs it so pays for it !} :whistle:

Edited by HOLMES

As Matt indicated, it's just supply, price, and demand at work. Basic market economics. More demand, higher price.

Driving season is nearing, and the economy is beginning to pick up, meaning more demand for fuel.

:D

Mike

Because there are several new model kits being made, thus the price of gasoline goes up because Styrene is made from 87 Octane gasoline, and Stevens International gets a cut of the price from the importation of oil.

DId I leave anything out?

B)

Here in the UK they blame the fact the pond has lost value against the dollar. Cant use that excuse in the US!

Wholesale oilprices nearly halved last year but petrol keeps going up!

If you think it bad we are now paying £1.20 or $1.80 a liter!!

Julien

Here in the UK they blame the fact the pond has lost value against the dollar. Cant use that excuse in the US!

Wholesale oilprices nearly halved last year but petrol keeps going up!

If you think it bad we are now paying £1.20 or $1.80 a liter!!

Julien

HA!

Last saturday, at the local gasstation, it was 1.47 E per litre, which is $1.99. :thumbsup:

HA!

Last saturday, at the local gasstation, it was 1.47 E per litre, which is $1.99. :thumbsup:

Wow! somewhere worse than the UK, thats something. At least in the Netherlands you dont have ot drive to far, your only small! :rofl: and theres no hills! :rofl: :)

Julien

It goes up because the EPA make the gas companies switch formulas, or as they like to call it "summer blend", to keep in tune with the environment (and that supposedly costs more to do).

What a bunch of hooey....my car runs no different all year round.

As Matt indicated, it's just supply, price, and demand at work. Basic market economics. More demand, higher price.

Actual demand on the ground as of today has almost nothing to do with the price of gasoline at the pump tomorrow. The world is currently awash in crude oil. Last time I read anything about it about three weeks ago, there were something like 150 supertankers bobbing around on the ocean with cargos of crude oil that nobody was bidding on.

The price is going up because the oil companies can make it go up, knowing full well that we'll pay whatever they ask. It's called corporate greed, pure and simple. Just look at their 2009 profit & loss statements.

J