!/48 Revell F-84E

I'd try a very fine dry brushing just to highlight the dial faces, then go back with a very fine detail brush, with possibly an oil paint and paint in the dial faces/pointers high lighted by the dry brush. Once that is done you can use a black wash to dampen the dry-brush affect, it will also help highlight the instrument bezels too(but not too much).

It seems most of the instrument panel is black so I'd keep the dry-brushing to a minimum, The detail of the kit's panel is very nice, but very delicate and too heavy of pant will easily obscure that detail.

Curt

F-84E

Matt-

What you could try in this case is something I've done in the past...

First, paint the IP with an enamel gloss white. Airbrush is preferred, since you can get a more even and thin coat that way.

Wait for it to fully cure, then paint with an acrylic flat black/very dark gray.

When the black/gray is dry to the touch (but before it fully cures), take a sharpened toothpick and scrape the black/gray off the needles/tic marks/etc. of the gauges.

After this, wait for the black/gray to finish curing, then place drops of your favorite gloss clear on the dials to represent the glass.

If you used the very dark gray, you can accent things with a true black wash.

The paint types are important, since the technique depends on being able to easily remove the black/gray from the high spots without affecting the white.

Back in the day :thumbsup: , I used the old Floquil Military Colors white for the backing color - nothing could get through that stuff or peel it up.