I'm getting a bit confused with the Hasegawa importer switch, but that's not my question really....

Yesterday I was in a local shop and the owner put up a large display of marked-down Hasegawa models, saying they will not be available in the USA anymore, and get 'em while you can, that sort of thing.

ARCer's-what do you think of a 1/72 F-4S w/ Ferris markings for $25?

Combo kit of 1/72 F-104J/TF-104J for $20?

Assorted F-15/F-16/F-18, all 1/72, $20-$25?

Good deals, grab some now or will the crisis blow over?

Felinoid

I suspect the proprietor is simply trying to move "old" merchandise and he can say anything he'd like about Hasegawa kits not being available in the U.S. any longer, but that is just rhetoric. If Hasegawa stops selling kits in the U.S., they'll go out of business as we have to be among their largest markets (if not THE largest).

I Haven't built 72nd kits since the late '80's, when I switched to 48th. However, from what I could find via a quick e-tailer search, those prices do not appear to be any great shakes. With perhaps ONE exception, the F-4S (Ferris scheme) appears to be about 1/3 off the average retail price. The others (and without stock numbers it is difficult to truly compare) seem to be within 10% one way or another in some cases and in others, seems to be higher than what I could find online. I mean I'm finding F-16's for like $13-18 and F-15's for $15-18. HTH

Edited by madmanrick

My hobby shop can't stock/order Hasegawa kits for an unspecified amount of time. The prices are still high too. If you've noticed, e-tailors like Sprue Brothers has been having some half-priced Hasegawa kits for sale recently. I'd keep an eye out for good deals online but a 1/72 Hasegawa F-4S kit for $25 is still a lot for me! Just like the post mentioned above, I'm finding 1/72 F/A-18 kits for less than $15 and F-15s under $20.

Edited by PlasticWeapons

Couple years ago, I would have never bought a 1/72 F-4 for $25. Now, sadly I would admit that is a deal and a half in these parts. One near by store has that Ferris scheme for $39 the local store is $65.

And our dollar is equal if not better then yours as of tomorrow.

The Starfighter, 2 for $20, thats a deal.

The others, well.......I have not bought any 1/72 Hasegawa Hornets since I got a bunch at $12. But that was years ago.