Thunder Over Michigan 2010

I just learned that the 8th Air Force Historical Society will have it's annual reunion at TOM instead of in Tucson,Az.!!!!! On top of that,the Kassel Mission Historical Society will also have it's reunion TOM. Upwards of 350 World War 2 USAAF veterans are expected as this years theme is A Gathering of Fortresses. I think I died and went to Heaven!

Mandie and I have been planning to attend the IPMS Nationals in Phoenix that weekend, but this show could keep us home in Michigan this year. Seeing another B-17 roundup would be cool enough (we were there for the last one in 2005, when eight Fortresses showed up) but a chance to see both flying B-24s together is really tempting. I'd love it if Fifi could make it, but I don't know if she'll be quite up to touring yet. They're working on getting the third engine installed right now.

SN

I'd love it if Fifi could make it, but I don't know if she'll be quite up to touring yet.

Maybe next year?

I should be there in August. Hopefully the weather will be better than 2009.

I fully expect to see Sean there, armed with his autograph book! :monkeydance:

I wonder if they'll be renting out the "High-Low" for photos again this year. That was a neat idea. If we do make the show, I'll definitely bring my monopod to get overhead shots. I probably wasted a good hour just waiting for the crowds to clear enough to get clear shots on the ramp last year.

SN

Edited by Steve N
I wonder if they'll be renting out the "High-Low" for photos again this year. That was a neat idea. If we do make the show, I'll definitely bring my monopod to get overhead shots. I probably wasted a good hour just waiting for the crowds to clear enough to get clear shots on the ramp last year.

SN

Those have been around since the Walsh's ran the London Ontario Shows so I'm certain at least one will be there. Unfortunately, I will not. Next year for the centennial of US Naval Aviation.

What was wrong with the weather in 2009?

Nothing, unless you count the rain that started at the end if it! :)

2009 was a good show. 2008 was pretty sweet. The best part had to be the two B-24s flying together.

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

If Fifi ever made it out to Michigan, I think I would literally [edited] bricks. :monkeydance: Regardless of what shows up, I definitely plan on making the show this year.