Fighter Jet Movies

Damn

This is a bit different

Curt

Now that...I like

I love the part where they all run out to see the new planes, and the Sabre pulls up in front of em and suddenly they all get sucked into the intake and all you see is a bunch of boots on the ground

By Dawns Early Light - kind of like "Fail Safe" it has B-52s in it.

Fail Safe- Has B-58s and some other aircraft that try and shoot them down before they reach russia.

Air Force One - Has the KC-10 tanker ,F-15s and of course the VC-25

Red Dawn has A-7s and F-111s

Ice Station Zebra has F-4s

Airwolf used footage from "The Hunters" and "Skyjacked" for when they needed enemy jets to attack. Here is one episode where they used both films for footage. and they have a C-130

Under Siege had F/A - 18s and Under Siege 2 had F-117s

Executive Decision (it was known as Critical Decision over this part of Asia), starring Kurt Rusell. Featured 2 F-14s launching from an aircraft carrier and intercepting the hijacked 747 after it crossed the 'safe' zone.... The F-14s were carrying 'live' AIM-54 Phoenix missiles (at least it looked like live ones, with the yellow rings on the missiles). I remeber one of the 747 pilots asking the other what were the fighter jets trying to do... the reply from the other: "they are getting ready to light us up!"

Hi There,

Have you seen the Swiss documentaries of Lionel Charlet. I see him as the best filmer in Europe:

His website;

google Lionel Charlet

There is also a very nice japanese Top Gun like movie called "Best Guy" featuring JSDF F-15 Eagles.

Regards

Dick

• 1 year later...

One I don't see on the list, but which I remember well is an Italian flick (English actors and language) called Blue Tornado with Dirk Benedict. It featured Italian air force F-104S models and Tornado attack jets (and a Kfir RC aircraft model in one scene). It was an interesting story involving alien abduction and a fighter pilot trying to find his friend after he disappears.

One I don't see on the list, but which I remember well is an Italian flick (English actors and language) called Blue Tornado with Dirk Benedict. It featured Italian air force F-104S models and Tornado attack jets (and a Kfir RC aircraft model in one scene). It was an interesting story involving alien abduction and a fighter pilot trying to find his friend after he disappears.

I was just going to post about that one, but I couldn't remember the name! Thanks for coming up with the details! It has a lot of really great F-104S scenes, including a few great cockpit shots as I recall, though I think I recall the movie was pretty cheesey. It's been a long time since I saw it, I don't remember too much about it.

Scott W.

Edited by Scott R Wilson

"Anatolian Eagles" is a recent Turkish movie with lots of great T-38,F-4 and F-16 footage. While the movie itself is a sappy romance centered around a few Turkish Air Force student pilots, the aerial scenes are pretty good.

Back in the mid eighties, there was a TV serie: Call to Glory. It was about the life of a USAF pilote in the 60's. I think it has neve rbeen released in DVD or event in VHS. It was pretty good but there was not enough fans.

Ok. my question now is if this is supposed to be a thread asking about Air Force movies then why keep posting movies that had Navy jets in them? Flight of the Intruuder has A-6s in it and The Rock had F/A-18s. None of whice are Air Force jets.

OK, heres one for ya.

A-Team, the cheesie movie. A row of Canadian CF-18s air force (all right RCAF) pretending to be navy F-18s. Getting whacked by a C-130 on the CFB Cold Lake flight line pretending to be on a USAF base in Germany.

Not US, but French Air Force: Sky Fighters (original: Chevalies du Ciel) - absolutely breathtaking Mirage 2000 and Alpha Jet footage. Story is rather "meh!", though.

Yeah, definitely.... the story is more silly than Top Gun (and it wasn't an easy task!) but the jet footage!!! And it's all "real" no models, no cgi, just Mirages!

(And Alice Taglioni, "Pitbull", is better than Kelly McGillis)

Edited by Yuri

OK, heres one for ya.

A-Team, the cheesie movie. A row of Canadian CF-18s air force (all right RCAF) pretending to be navy F-18s. Getting whacked by a C-130 on the CFB Cold Lake flight line pretending to be on a USAF base in Germany.

Yes and don't forget that NORAD was put on alert after the A-Team escaped from that base in Germany. LMAO