The China-Iran-Tomcat Connection

Well, is anybody really surprised that the right hand of DOD doesn't know what the left hand is doing? Probably more like the thumb and the digitus impudicus . Well, now maybe we can start a thread on F-14 (Iranian, that is) vs. F-18 (USN). Hoo, that could be interesting. Stand well back...

:jaw-dropping:

Funny, we were led to believe that the sudden destruction of the retired F-14's was supposed to prevent all this from happening...I've always suspected the real reason for that was to keep F-14's from falling into USN hands and this story only reaffirms that hunch.

John

The Department of Defense should not be supplying sensitive military equipment to our adversaries, our enemies, terrorists," Rep. Christopher Shays, a Connecticut Republican, said

Why is it, everytime someone references a country in the Middle east they are terrorists? Im not from there, but personally, I find that somewhat rediculous and offensive that someone in office would say that. This @&& should have kept it to adversaries and enemies and the point would have been taken just as well. Jeez, some people take it too far sometimes and should think twice before they open their mouths. Rule 1 of being a good human being is "dont judge people you dont know", rule 2 "stereotyping usually only represents a minority", remember we are all human before being an american, canadian, chinese, or iranian.

Sorry, I just hate seeing stuff like that and had to vent.

Thanks guys for listening, I knew I could count on you all. lol.

:thumbsup:

Why is it, everytime someone references a country in the Middle east they are terrorists? Im not from there, but personally, I find that somewhat rediculous and offensive that someone in office would say that. This @&& should have kept it to adversaries and enemies and the point would have been taken just as well. Jeez, some people take it too far sometimes and should think twice before they open their mouths. Rule 1 of being a good human being is "dont judge people you dont know", rule 2 "stereotyping usually only represents a minority", remember we are all human before being an american, canadian, chinese, or iranian.

Sorry, I just hate seeing stuff like that and had to vent.

Thanks guys for listening, I knew I could count on you all. lol.

:thumbsup:

He says that in general, never references middle east. He could be talking about Canadians! :worship:

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Fellas -

This article is over 2 years old. Shays isn't even in office any more. This is hardly a relevant, current issue. But hey, don't let that stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory. You're so right, we destroyed the F-14s so the Navy couldn't use them any more.

Why is it, everytime someone references a country in the Middle east they are terrorists? Im not from there, but personally, I find that somewhat rediculous and offensive that someone in office would say that.

Probably because Iran is responsible for a vast and wide ranging state-sponsored terrorism program. Considering it's been reported numerous times that Iran is the primary source of shaped charge IEDs responsible for the majority Coalition deaths in Iraq, I don't think this is an outside the box statement.

The date of the infraction is irrelevant, that it happened is, maybe someone in the [pentagon] decided to get more needed funds they thought it a good idea to hold a fund raiser, with used/unused Tomcat parts on the table; makes one think of an updated Iran-contra affair. The question I'd like to see answered is who thought that someone other than Iran would be in the market for new/used F-14 parts. Surely not the defunct Warsaw pact, well perhaps the were looking for technology secrets from that now retired and almost extinct aircraft. Communist China; possible, but anything classified would most assuredly have been removed and demilitarized. One can only imagine. To know what happened once this came to light would be most interesting.

Edited by Angels49
Probably because Iran is responsible for a vast and wide ranging state-sponsored terrorism program. Considering it's been reported numerous times that Iran is the primary source of shaped charge IEDs responsible for the majority Coalition deaths in Iraq, I don't think this is an outside the box statement.

Maybe, but there are more "diplomatic" ways of going about it. I guess I have just too much faith in humanity. I still believe that we can make the world how we see it and that if we treat even the most evil of enemies with respect, we will have succeeded as being good. We cant change others actions, but we can act as we want them to. It is a lack of respect that has overcome the world to bring us where we stand today. Arrogance and ingorance have never succeeded in anything good.

We all need to lead by example and change this world for the better, regardless of our personal convictions.

Why is it, everytime someone references a country in the Middle east they are terrorists?

Not like they do a lot to refute it. When was the last time you've seen a "down with the homicide bombers" rally?

Do I agree with that perception? Not necessarily. But until said countries realize that the only PR they get is when some clown blows themselves and fellow Muslims up, have the economic collapse of their house-of-cards economy, vow to wipe Israel off he map (Not sure where their brother Palestinians would go in the event of success), jailing women who got raped for "allowing it to happen" and/or beating their own population with sticks for whatever the stick holder didn't like on a given day....that perception won't change.

Spongebob

...that perception won't change.

Maybe, I hope it will soon. I hope everything will change. But you can only be respected to the level you show respect. Stereotyping is a bad knife that cuts both ways.

Maybe, I hope it will soon. I hope everything will change. But you can only be respected to the level you show respect. Stereotyping is a bad knife that cuts both ways.

It is NOT stereotyping when the facts bear out that they do indeed engage in state sponsored terrorism. And when respect is given, but a state refuses to conform to the international rule-of-law, does not abide by the United Nations resolutions when it is a member of same body, engages in human rights violations, and continually slams the door on any diplomatic process or measure of goodwill extended, it has ceased to be a responsible state deserving of international respect.

It is NOT stereotyping when the facts bear out that they do indeed engage in state sponsored terrorism.

Stereotyping can be negative or positive, nothing wrong with it. Prejudice on the other hand.

All people that Smile are happy. All dogs go to heaven. Rhode Islanders are Chowder Heads. Wisconsinites are cheeseheads.

Maybe, but there are more "diplomatic" ways of going about it. I guess I have just too much faith in humanity. I still believe that we can make the world how we see it and that if we treat even the most evil of enemies with respect, we will have succeeded as being good. We cant change others actions, but we can act as we want them to. It is a lack of respect that has overcome the world to bring us where we stand today. Arrogance and ingorance have never succeeded in anything good.

We all need to lead by example and change this world for the better, regardless of our personal convictions.

honestly "making the world the way I see it" Isn't that arrogant? Diversity is nice.

I don't see how calling a Terrorist a terrorist is undiplomatic. Again he didn't single out a country or even a group. Even terrorists refer to themselves as terrorists...

"I hated insane people trying to kill me on September 10th 2001...not much has changed for me" -Dennis Miller

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
honestly "making the world the way I see it" Isn't that arrogant? Diversity is nice.

I don't see how calling a Terrorist a terrorist is undiplomatic. Again he didn't single out a country or even a group. Even terrorists refer to themselves as terrorists...

"I hated insane people trying to kill me on September 10th 2001...not much has changed for me" -Dennis Miller

It was a figure of speech. Sort of like saying do to others as you would expect them to do to you.

Diversity is nice, never said it wasnt. Any other attacks on me you want to throw based on something I didnt say?

Peace Out

PS. Look up diplomatic in the dictionary, you will see that it has other definitions than dealing with other countries.

Edited by pbishop

Oooooohhhhh......IBTL!!!!

Vince

As an aside, I suspect that most people on this forum don't know that Al-Qa'idah consider the Iranian government to be almost as bad as any Western government. There's not much love lost between them.

As an aside, I suspect that most people on this forum don't know that Al-Qa'idah consider the Iranian government to be almost as bad as any Western government. There's not much love lost between them.

Can you blame them? Once they found out the Iranian government supports not only the Kinetic F-16, but also the Academy F-14, there was no turning back.

Regards,

Murph

Can you blame them? Once they found out the Iranian government supports not only the Kinetic F-16, but also the Academy F-14, there was no turning back.

Regards,

Murph

My sources indicate that unless you buy the Tamiya F-16, Osama Bin-Laden considers you to be an infidel...

Vince

It is NOT stereotyping when the facts bear out that they do indeed engage in state sponsored terrorism. And when respect is given, but a state refuses to conform to the international rule-of-law, does not abide by the United Nations resolutions when it is a member of same body, engages in human rights violations, and continually slams the door on any diplomatic process or measure of goodwill extended, it has ceased to be a responsible state deserving of international respect.

It is indeed stereotyping to call a group/state or whatever terrorists, if you do not have proof/evidence that everyone in that group is a terrorist. For example, there is NO doubt that a country such as Iran sponsors and supports terrorism, or is guilty of "state-sponsored terrorism," if you will. However to call every citizen that happens to live in Iran a terrorist is not only a stereotype, it is flat out wrong. There is a distinct divide between what the religious sanctioned government of Iran does and says, as compared to what the ordinary people of Iran feel and believe. The same thing can be said of the vast majority of Countries and people of the Middle Eastern region. Even when the Taliban had their iron grip on Afghanistan, there were many who did not support, nor believe in that "governments" policies. The United States has NO monopoly on divergent opinions within a populace vis a vis their government and its policies, it exists the world over to include even the harshest of regimes such as Iran, North Korea, and China et al.

My sources indicate that unless you buy the Tamiya F-16, Osama Bin-Laden considers you to be an infidel...

Vince

Are you kidding? OBL is very traditional and old fashioned. He only builds 1/72. Slide molding and photo-etch are abominations to Al-Qaidah.

Vince

Does the scale matter? Is a person a bigger infidel if they don't buy the 1/32 scale Tamiya F-16 than if they didn't buy their 1/48 scale kit?

Regards,

Murph