Canadian Songwriters Hall Of Fame!!!

Rush Songwriters Hall of Fame Induction

The Canadian Songwriting Hall of Fame honours and preserves Canada’s rich songwriting heritage by honouring artists that have written songs that have entered into popular culture and been sustained for a significant period of time.

RUSH will be inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame on Sunday, March 28th, 2010 at the gala held at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.

The 5 RUSH songs entering the Hall of Fame are Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Limelight, Closer to the Heart and Subdivisions. Which means Rush and their songs are joining the likes of Joni Mitchell “Big Yellow Taxiâ€, Burton Cummings/Randy Bachman “American Womanâ€, Leonard Cohen “Hallelujahâ€. As part of the induction, bands influenced by Rush will be performing renditions of their hits. Alexisonfire will be taking on “Tom Sawyerâ€, Primus frontman Les Claypool and his band will be playing “The Spirit Of Radioâ€, and Jacob Moon will be performing “Subdivisionsâ€.

Needless to say, it’s a great honour for the band and all 3 members of Rush will be in attendance on this special night.

YAY!!!

William G

Good on em! :rofl:

As an aside: how Joni Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi" could get nominated for any sort of songwriting award is beyond my comprehension. It was easily her most over-rated and overplayed song. I've never been any sort of fan of hers, but I do know she has better than that old rag in her back catalogue.

Still not inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame though, what a travesty! :doh:

X3

I have seen Rush about a half a dozen times. They put on a very professional, polished performance. One of the best rock bands, ever, IMO. Easily my favorite.

Edited by DutyCat
  • 3 weeks later...
With all of their T-shirts you've bought Mike , you'd think they could've bought their way into it!! :monkeydance:

Paul, Everyplace I go when I wear one of my Rush T's I get the YEAH!!! or the Eww crowds

Funny too.

I think since the 80's I have bought about 30 or so of them...

William G

Still not inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame though, what a travesty! :monkeydance:

It's not the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, It's the Rock and Roll HALL OF SHAME there are alot of great bands like Rush that aren't in there, ABBA, FARGIN ABBA, you have to be kidding me, WHEN ARE THESE PEOPLE GOING TO WAKE UP AND HEAR THE MUSIC. Listen To Eddie Trunk and his thoughts on That Metal Show on the RR hall of shame he's dead on. I dont know if Black Sabbath is in, the OZ man is, Sabbath should be if thier not, they are the true Godfathers of Heavy Metal not Led Zeppelin and I am a Zep fan also. Thats my feeling on those IDIOTS in the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame.

Edited by 71roadrunner426