Flanker decision...

A friend of mine is offering me a plane to build because he know I love Flankers. He wants me to choose between this two:

1/72 Heller Sukhoi SU-27 UB

1/48 ACADEMY SUKHOI SU-27UB FLANKER

So far I know the only difference is the size but maybe someone can tell me more about the detail, accuracy, esay to fit, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Heller UB is almost the same as Airfix Su-27. (well, with two seats obviously). Regarding the Heller UB, i haven't heard any bad things about it regarding accuracy. Academy one is actually a few mm too short, but it isn't a bigge imho. The nose should be replaced with a resin one, better shape. In terms of fit, academy is better from what i have seen. I guess it really comes down to scale preference.

I was going to ask almost the same question of what does the Academy kit require, so a new resin nose, who makes that? Also who makes a good resin cockpit set or is the Eduard PE cockpit set good enough?

By the way...Where may I find reviews of this two Flankers by Tamiya?:

Tamiya 60757 1/72 Warbird SU-27 B2 Sea-Flanker

Tamiya #60743 Sukhoi SU-34 - 1/72

:woot.gif:

Both are italeri kits.

I thought that Tamiya being such a big name will be doing something new from scratch and accurate.

Nope. They rebox Italeri kits for the Asian market.

Edited by Laurent