Airliners.net and other photo copyright policy

Hi Gang,

We have been receiving a lot of Reported Post notifications for the posting of Airliners.net and other copyrighted photos lately. As you longtime members are aware, that is verboten on the forums. For the newer members (and a reminder to the long-timers), here's ARC's policy on copyrighted material;

Copyrighted Material:

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or ARC/ARC Forums. This means no hotlinking from other sites.....if it's not hosted at ARC or at your own site, please provide a hyperlink instead of hotlinking photos. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter in order to maintain the integrity of ARC.

This includes posting the photos in question that are saved to a Photobucket or other photo hosting site. Please post these as a clickable link instead of the photo itself (unless you hold the copyright of course).

Your cooperation on this is appreciated.

The ARC Mod Team

• 13 years later...

Been THOUSANDS of these today. Takes a lot of time to erase them all, especially when you know next to nothing about computers. Albert, do YOU know how to make a method of keeping these spammers away? I sure don't.

So far I have spent around 3 hours of my day erasing these spams today.

Edited by phantom