Here are 2 pictures from recent trip to Cuba, First, helicopter at Holguin airport, next a jet on the way to resort. Behind the tree is a SAM missle ! Next time hope to do a tour of Holguin, as I saw other jets parked in front of building, just couldn't take decent pictures from the bus.

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

If you ever go again.... fly into Santa Clara as one side is an Airforce base and the other side is Civilian. First time I ever saw a Mig up close.

Will do !! What benefits do I give to explain that choice of airports to the wife ?

DaveT

Will do !! What benefits do I give to explain that choice of airports to the wife ?

DaveT

She Doesn't need to know the why........ But the end destination Melia Santa Maria. Spent Christmas 2006 there. You just need to have a window seat and your camera ready.

BTW the resort was exceptionally nice.

I am leaving to Cuba in about two weeks - does anyone have any aviation worthy info to share which would be great to visit? I've heard museum in Havana is closed.

It was closed when we toured Havana... But they do have some outdoor stuff to look at. Sorry I can't be of more help.