1/72 B-52 D, G, H

I have some resin wheels for the BUFF. The kit is buried in a stash, but I think True Details made them. Other than that, I'm not aware of any other details for it. There are some (at least one) conversion sets out though.

Fasteagle is correct, the resin wheels are from True Details.

Scale Aircraft Conversions makes a white metal landing gear set for the BUFF (you can find it here). I have this set and it looks pretty good.

BUFF Master Design, which sells only through Great Models, makes a number of conversion and detail sets for both the Revell and AMT/Italeri B-52s to correct the kits and make just about any B-52 variant. Here is a list of them. I have the the HSABs and the B-52H late update set for the AMT kit. It's decent and includes correctly-sized engine pods, but the castings are of uneven quality, and I'm not sure it's worth $40 (I got it on sale for $32 a few months back).

I don't know of any other detail sets currently on the market, but they may be out there.

anything on the wishlist?

A bomb bay and wheel wells would be nice; Goffy has had them on their future releases for at least a couple of years, but I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,

Murph

-Bomb bays

-B-52H update set... I know that BMD has one out, but they missed quite a few things. Their casting quality leaves a lot to be desired, The tail cannon is still there on the plug that you have to add details to it to make it accurate. And the instructions are just pure crap. About the only things I'll use are the engines.

-Wheel bays

-pylons to mount the Lightning pod ( or sniper- which ever one it is)

RYAN.

Decals have been made by Almark, Microscale, Fox One, Cutting Edge, BMD/Golden Dragon, and Eagle Strike. The Eagle Strike set (contemporary Hs) is still fairly easy to find, but the other ones are elusive and/or pricey.

In addition to the TD wheels, Squadron has also produced a vac-form windscreen replacement for the D kit. Other than that, I've never seen any aftermarket for the cockpit.

Take a look at the Buff Master line, there are quite a few conversion sets, and from the sets I've bought, the quality has improved over the last couple of years.

Yes, an all-new tooling of the B-52 in 1/72, with options for a 1952 XB-52 through a 2010 B-52H, with everything inbetween!

Until that happens, wheel wells and bomb bay would be the top of my list, with stub pylons & HSABs a close second. Some nice P/CP ejection seats would be a big improvement to the cockpits of both Monogram and AMT/Italeri kits. I have yet to see AGM-129 or AGM-158 in 1/72, I'd be interested in both of those. The targeting pod pylon would be cool, too. I've seen pictures of both Litening and Sniper on the BUFF, but Litening seems to be more common.

Jonah

Edited by Gator52
Fasteagle is correct, the resin wheels are from True Details.

Scale Aircraft Conversions makes a white metal landing gear set for the BUFF (you can find it here). I have this set and it looks pretty good.

BUFF Master Design, which sells only through Great Models, makes a number of conversion and detail sets for both the Revell and AMT/Italeri B-52s to correct the kits and make just about any B-52 variant. Here is a list of them. I have the the HSABs and the B-52H late update set for the AMT kit. It's decent and includes correctly-sized engine pods, but the castings are of uneven quality, and I'm not sure it's worth $40 (I got it on sale for $32 a few months back).

I don't know of any other detail sets currently on the market, but they may be out there.

I can tell you the Buff Master Design conversion kit to make an NB-52B for carrying the X-15 is a lot of work. The new tail piece and the flap with the cutout for the X-15 tail are too thick and the flap is very difficult to get off the sanding block. The X-15 Pylon is ok, but the resin X-15 is warped. I'm going with the Revell 1/72 X-15 kit.

Paul

Decals have been made by Almark, Microscale, Fox One, Cutting Edge, BMD/Golden Dragon, and Eagle Strike. The Eagle Strike set (contemporary Hs) is still fairly easy to find, but the other ones are elusive and/or pricey.

Wolfpak Decals also did a couple of D models (a MiG killer and an experimental scheme) plus a SIOP G model.

Regards,

Murph

Wolfpak Decals also did a couple of D models (a MiG killer and an experimental scheme) plus a SIOP G model.

Regards,

Murph

How could I forget Wolfpak?? I believe it was a Desert Storm G and a SIOP H, plus the SEA D models. Nice sheets all.

Jonah

I have a set of B-52 wheels laing around that I don't need. First to contact me gets them when I find them.

Here's a quick build of a "D" I did last year that included the full bomb load:

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

I also added more antennas, MERs on the pylons, lights on the top of the fuselage outside the walk stripes, new gun barrels, and a few other details.

Gents:

Sometime this week I show have a drawing to show you of a clip carrying four B28RI's. It will be a Spectre Resin release late spring early summer.

Mark S.

Spectre Resin

Put me on the list for a set.

Darwin

Anyone know of any company(s) that make detail parts for any of the 1/72 B-52 D, G, or H? Cockpit, armaments, decals, etc.

Thanks

Mike

DB Conversions issued three resin B-52 sets:

- B-52H - 72036

- B-52G/H under-wing tanks (small) - 72037

- B-52G late conversion - 72040

They're long out of production, but appear from time to time on Ebay. I have the B-52H set. Perfect castings, but still a lot of work to build the engines:

dbconversions-01.jpg

dbconversions-02.jpg

Rob

Guys,

The DB sets are reissued by Airwaves(owned by Hannanats)-currently in stock.

Go to their site,print B-52 in 1/72 in search and you'll get the 2 sets mentioned+Eagle Stkie decals.

All other stuff-out of stock(including Flightpath AGM-142 set).

Isaac

The "D" was the one with class. It was impressive to see the black tail cuting through the smoke from the preceeding aircraft as they took off for a raid against the North.

In addition to all of the above, Three Guys Replicas did a sheet for the B-52H (three options, covering the SIOP scheme, 'Strategic' gray/green, and interim overall FS 36081 gray that was used briefly before switching to overall 36118 gunship gray). Like the others it's OOP, but there's a sheet on 'the bay' right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Three-Guys-Decal-1%2F7...0331004003r9336

• 1 year later...

-Bomb bays

-B-52H update set... I know that BMD has one out, but they missed quite a few things. Their casting quality leaves a lot to be desired, The tail cannon is still there on the plug that you have to add details to it to make it accurate. And the instructions are just pure crap. About the only things I'll use are the engines.

-Wheel bays

-pylons to mount the Lightning pod ( or sniper- which ever one it is)

RYAN.

I will have to Disagree with you!!

The New B-52G and H Late conversions for the Monogram kit has been released!!

I spent the last 2 years on these 2 sets, fixing problems and correcting shapes.

Here are some smaller Photos of the new sets.

Click the link or om the thumbnails to see All the New Parts in the sets

BMDR72005 B-52H Conversion (Late)

BMDR72005-1tn.jpg

BMDR72006 B-52G Conversion (Late) w/ALCM Option

BMDR72006-1tn.jpg

Here is an B-52H Late I am Building

B-52H-2.jpg

B-52H-1.jpg

I am Currently Building the Wheel Wells and Bombbay.

Happy Modeling,