I'm insane, and I can prove it.

G'day All.

I decided to get all my F-4 kits into one pile today, just for the hell of it, and so I could clear out the cupboard a bit before I decide what to sell (non F-4 kits that is).

Mottys-F4-Kits-002.jpg

(That's 125 1/48 kits for those who want to know. ;) )

Time for me to go back to my padded room now. :mental:

Cheers,

Motty.

And, no, I'm not selling any yet. :wave:

Edited by Motty

Wow!!!! I'm a Phantom Phanatic, too, but there's no way I'd ever be able to build all of those kits in my lifetime. Or I'd have to greatly relax my standards and use a production line process to get them done!

G'day All.

I decided to get all my F-4 kits into one pile today, just for the hell of it, and so I could clear out the cupboard a bit before I decide what to sell (non F-4 kits that is).

Mottys-F4-Kits-002.jpg

(That's 125 1/48 kits for those who want to know. :thumbsup: )

Time for me to go back to my padded room now. :mental:

Cheers,

Motty.

And, no, I'm not selling any yet. :jaw-dropping:

If you're interested in getting rid of a few duplicates, please let me know. I'm interested in them.

Motty,

I am right there with you, but with 1:72 Hornets. The breakdown is as follows:

Kits

F-18 FSD.......6

F/A-18A.......30

F/A-18B.......11

F/A-18C.......67

F/A-18D.......19

F/A-18E.......26

F/A-18F.......37

EA-18G.........1

Totals.......197

Edited by Matt Shropshire

You have far surpassed the point where your output will ever surpass your stash. Its called the Stash to Build Ratio. Or STBR for short. Its quite common in our circle. There is no cure. You take a simple formula of four to five builds per year. Multiply that by modeling years left in your life compared to the number of kits in the stash. The older you are the STBR becomes more dramatic and time sensitive. The younger you are the STBR is not such a concern. A modeller close to his fifties with 175 kits in the stash will never see his stash reduced with a four to five build goal per year. And the STBR will actually climb with the purchase of new kits. Hmmmm. I feel for you.

Yes maybe you are a little insane but... in the real world "If you run out of F-4s you run out of fighters"

in the models world "If you run out of F-4s you run out of kits!!" :thumbsup: