Havoc A-20G in 1/72

Finished recently was my Douglas Havoc A-20G in 1/72. The kit is Matchbox and was built basically out of the box. The model depicts A/C 39407/P of 675 Bomber Squadron "Dauntless Demons", 417 BG, of the 5th AF, SW Pacific, September 1944.

Paint was a mix of Modelmaster enamels, and I also used the kit decals. Of course as a kit of this type it was relatively easy, and has its flaws, but I had always liked the paint scheme, and the markings were interesting. Plus I learnt a little more about Havocs. Enjoy.

Adam

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

Nice looking build of an oldie but goodie. Was your boxing an original multi-colored kit or a later one? Used to love some of the funky builds they'd give you before really getting into painting. My favorite was a blue and yellow Sisken RAF Bipe fighter

Just as an FYI for those who cannot find a Matchbox havoc, Dragon has announced a new series of A-20s in 72nd this year. Honestly cannot remember if it is starting with an A-20C strafer or an A-20G

Edited by Matt Roberts
Dragon has announced a new series of A-20s in 72nd this year. Honestly cannot remember if it is starting with an A-20C strafer or an A-20G

In 1/72 scale? Man I hope they do a glass nosed Boston! Been wanting to do an Aussie bird, but the MPM group hasn't delivered like I thought they would.

I thought MPM/Special Hobby was releasing an early Boston to go with their A-20G/J kits. I've heard several people talk excitedly about new 1/72 releases from Dragon, but when I looked them up they turned out to be diecasts.

SN

I thought MPM/Special Hobby was releasing an early Boston to go with their A-20G/J kits. I've heard several people talk excitedly about new 1/72 releases from Dragon, but when I looked them up they turned out to be diecasts.

SN

I too have seen early A-20s on schedule from MPM, their A-20G is nice. I suspect that it will be fiddly to assemble (in common with the vast majority of shorter run kits), although it is more accurate then the old matchbox kit - I too built the Matchbox one many years ago and probably still have at least one unbuilt one lurking in a box somewhere.

Don't know about Dragon, like Steve said, many (all?) of their new 1/72 releases in the last few years are actually die-casts. An plastic A-20 series would be nice though.

Dragon appears to be releasing a whole new line of aircraft kits really for the first time in 15 years or so. The 32nd P-51 and Me-110 seemed to be the first salvo.....

The first up is the 48th Me-110D that was just released - but most are so far in 72nd, many Battle of Britian types and modern USAF but a few oddballs (72nd Sea Vixen!)

5053s.jpg

Cyberhobby2010pg2.jpg

Cyberhobby2010pg3.jpg

Edited by Matt Roberts