1/48 Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt Gabreski

Ok. It's finished.. Gabby's Jug...

This is Tamiya's kit with scratchbuild intercooler exhausts, magneto's, and reworked Eduard cockpit (because they are all slightly wrong). Quickboost Engine, Ultracast wheels, Master gunbarrels.

Decals from Tamiya, Techmod, Superscale and Hobbydecal. The gear is also reworked. Paints from GSI and Mr.Color, Alclad2 and ModelMaster Matt.

Cheers.

Sid

DSC00708.JPG

DSC00714.JPG

DSC00716.JPG

DSC00718.JPG

DSC00719.JPG

DSC00721.JPG

DSC00723.JPG

DSC00724.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

DSC00729.JPG

wow! What a job again!! Hehe, which contest your jug will win soon?? ;-)

How was the hobbydecal sheet? Waterslide? Or the rubb-off? I ve some sheets in my decal box and plan to use them for builds soon (phantoms and eagle).

btw. I watched the pics of your F-4J ...amazing!!! I had a similar project using the Hasegawa F-4J and struggled the same issues like you did! (Now I ve a F-4j (UK)). What colors have u used on the exhaust area?

I once heard that the highest achievement that art can accomplish is to inspire. In that case, you have achieved the most you could have with me. You have just inspired me to pull my Hase Jug out and work on that one next.

Magnificent!

wow! What a job again!! Hehe, which contest your jug will win soon?? ;-)

How was the hobbydecal sheet? Waterslide? Or the rubb-off? I ve some sheets in my decal box and plan to use them for builds soon (phantoms and eagle).

btw. I watched the pics of your F-4J ...amazing!!! I had a similar project using the Hasegawa F-4J and struggled the same issues like you did! (Now I ve a F-4j (UK)). What colors have u used on the exhaust area?

I just reread your message.. sorry, I didn't answer it entirely the first time..

Hobbydecal was indeed the rub-off decalsheet.. However I used only 6 decals.. The flap indicator markings and the no step on the flaps. The rest of the sheet I didn't use. But I used Hobbydecals before and I absolutely love them!! We need more Hobbydecal dry transfers in the world!

Gents, thanks for the nice compliments! This inspires me to do even better on my next one.. another Republic finest..

Sid

Beautiful job on the paint..

How did you get the paints to move together flawlessly, and do you have some pics of the bottom? I am trying to learn how to keep the detail on the Tam Bolts, but sanding down the seam underneath always takes away some detail for me.

Thanks!!

-jim

Spraying in very thin layers of Ocean Grey on the Dark Green got me the result below. Allmost allways using vertical lines to simulate the arches in the camo. Highlighting a couple of these vertical streaks with a little lighter grey.

The belly was a nightmare sanding. I totally had to rescribe the panellines in this area, as well as drilling maybe a hundred tiny 0.3mm holes by hand.

I guess patience comes in handy.. Showtime was worse however..

Regards,

Sid

DSC00652.JPG

DSC00640.JPG