Hellenic Air Force F-15E

This is not to far off from being a reality. A good friend of mine is Boeing's chief test pilot for the F-15. He actually went to Greece a couple of times to demo the Strike Eagle to the Greeks with Greek pilots actually flying the F-15. They used a couple of Lankenheath aircraft for the demos and the Greeks were very impressed with the jets. The Greeks were looking at the Strike Eagle because the Turks were showing interest in them. I never heard much about this except from my friend. In the end the Greeks went with the late block F-16s.

Thanks everybody for the support! :thumbsup:

The devil in the details. Once the rear gets its coat of silver, I can install the engines. Everything else will get a wash of burnt umber and then a flat coat before being added to the model. You can see her Japanese sister hiding under the instruction.

HAF_F-15E_wip29.jpg

My 1000th post! :yahoo:

Steven L :wave:

Edited by FAR148

Seems like Ace Combat Skies fans had same idea with you - I found it HERE. Few years ago, I read a book titled "Pechnidia me ti fotia" (which is translated as "Playing with the fire" in English language). It's a novel about a possible scenario of a nowdays air conflict between HAF and another Air Force over Aegean skies. According the novel, HAF was equiped with one Sq of F-15s - which is not so unreal, considering that HAF thought that possibility few years before. You can find the book by clicking HERE.

i1364646_f-15-haf.jpg

Edited by Nick_Karatzides

Steven L the Strke Eagle is nighty FINE!!!

I had a look at her Japanese sister and the MUDHEN profile by tiger looks pretty awesome.... I will have to go back and have a peek at that too..

GOOD JOB! :P :jaw-dropping:

Thanks everybody :monkeydance:

Small update. I finally got around to painting the engine area chrome silver. Man, I hate shooting enamel paint through my airbrush. :angry: And got those nozzles on place too. Looks great.

HAF_F-15E_wip30.jpg

I finished painting and glossing the gear and got them in place too.

HAF_F-15E_wip31.jpg

Until later,

Steven L :wave:

Great model :thumbsup:

For the future models, please use the smallest amount of nose weight which will balance the model. Otherwise the landing gears will be bent in the shelf after a couple of years due to the weight of the model. (Happened to some models of mine).

• 7 months later...