That test was not to destruction, it was 150% load, as required by the FAA. They dont want to do it to destruction because the carbon fiber splinters and makes a big mess when it fails, triggering a costly clean-up.

Now

is a video of various Boeing airliners doing crosswind landing tests (crabbing)... some are quite extreme! 1:28 and 2:00 is quite impressive!

Wow, amazing picture. Would love to see pictures from other angles.

And amazing video Oroka. I have a hard time believing the plane even stayed in the air on that last approach, that was just insane. Im assuming those were test flights before the plane when into production?

It was, every airliner (and I would assume jet, fighter, prop, freighter...) has to do cross wind landings before certification. It is often done in Brazil at a airforce base there... I forget the name of the base though. I have never done a crosswind landing, but it is very much the same as side-slip landing in a glider, but done for different reasons.

I saw "Plane pr0n" and "787" in the subject line and thought for sure that this thread was going to have Mary Kirby in it.

(note: link is safe for work, unless you work with people who do not like attractive redheads who know the airline industry)