I've read or heard about a website that allows you to track airliners. If so,can someone tell me the name of the site and how it works? Do you look in the sky,see an aircraft and run to their site to learn what plane it is? Any help will be great!

I usually have Flightaware open on my desktop most of the day. It gives me a heads up if anything out of the ordinary is coming in. Understand that these are only IFR flights, no military, no VFR and those aircraft owners who wish to not have their status tracked publicly.

Understand that these are only IFR flights, no military, no VFR and those aircraft owners who wish to not have their status tracked publicly.

"Uhh, the data on the MiG is inaccurate" ;)

Flight Aware tracks both IFR flights & VFR aircraft either who file Defense-VFR flightplans for ops outside the country or request flight following from ATC. The latter is especially helpful for people who work for a small charter outfit, FBO or an university flight program (like myself) where keeping track of multiple cross-country flights can be essential to daily operations.

Ves B)