True. I can't get insurance in America because of my service-connected pre-existing conditions.

Except, now that they've passed "health care reform" as they're called it, it seems I soon will be able to, right?

So, I will soon be paying premiums, or paying a fine for not doing so, right?

And being one of the "healthy" Americans as you are, do you mind paying $700 billion to cover other people's mistakes, whether unhealthy living (around $727 billion per year), buying mortgages they can't afford, or bailing out banks/car companies/etc for their bad decisions (Tracking the $700 Billion Bailout - http://projects.nytimes.com/creditcrisis/recipients/table)?

Kelley, It is illegal for insurance to deny you based on service connected injuries... been that way for years. So I don't know what you are talking about.

I don't get your argument, one way or another I am paying for them anyway. You complain that healthcare reform is the only way you can get insurance, then get upset that others abuse their bodies and have to be covered...driving up the cost of MANDATED INSURANCE.

I am not a fan of government spending, you don't even know what you are upset at. You want the government to give you insurance but are upset that others will get it too and might abuse it costing you and I money: which is you know the whole reason I am against it in the first place.

your solution is to take down a corporation and decide what people should and shouldnt eat curtailing others freedoms so you can have what you want for less money. I am against healthcare reform for just this reason. Others pass this law and now I am forced if i want to save money to turn on other peoples personal freedom. The fat people didn't pass this law and force me to pay for those living unhealthy lives, politicians did and now they want me to be mad that others make choices that now affect me. They put me in the same group as those who underperform knowing there is nothing I or they can do about it other than start making more rules and laws about what is "good" for them. Its fascism whatever you call it -reform, care, or anything else. So now I am supposed to be filled with hate against people who made their own poor decisions and whom i had little connection with just a couple weeks ago. they made their choices I made mine and we both had to live them. You got what you wanted kelley, and are now incenced that all those "losers" cost you money now, poeple you had nothing to do with just 14 days ago. They werent my problem until someone made them my problem. Why should I be mad at them for a program you wanted? Their problems became mine, because thats what it took for you to get insurance, can't complain about the consequences now.

Who are you to cast stones kelley? I am paying for you now too. Where does the line get drawn about who is "healthy" and who is not? who decides? couldnt I be equally mad at you as I am at the Mcds addicts? Isn't it possible that an obese person made decisions thinking it would affect only them and are now being looked down at because the government forces them to be lumped in with the programs we all must pay for now? How is that their fault?

You complain that no one should be denied due to preexsiting conditions then complain when a program lets others in with preexisting conditions and that will cost you money. Its hippocritacal. And we both know its going to cost your daughter and future generations as well.

Kelley, you remind me of the people who move next to active airports and then complain about the noise and try to shut the place down. No I will not rage against the airliners or blame boeing for making the aircraft in the first place. You wanted it, they were here first too. people being obese didnt happen overnight, but having to pay for them did. Americans have been unhealthy for decades, obesity on the rise for years. Now you want to shut it down, good luck with that.

This is why McDs gets help for the Government-- Mcdonalds runs community programs, Ronald McDonald house charities, scholarship and even astronomy classes and programs that hire former criminals that would not be able to get work anywhere else. The government decided that was probably better and cheaper than building more prisons.

also as per accounting practices advertising is not counted in GDP. just FYI

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
But it will make it harder for them to advertise to children, which I don't think they should be doing anyway.

Any more than cigarette companies using cartoon characters to hock their products.

They're costing us too much money and we can't afford it.

Seriously? You're comparing cigarettes to a hamburger? And you're saying that the government should be able to dictate how a private corporation can advertise? Why again? Because fast food is "unhealthy" and people like it but can't decide for themselves how much to eat? Because we the people are too stupid to monitor our own or our children's intake of food? Give me a freaking break! What do you think they put crack in their food or something? If you look you could find people who eat too much of ANYTHING. It's all about PERSONAL responsibility and SELF accountability. You or anybody else have NO place telling me what or how much I can eat. And this whole "corporate" world is evil junk that these people spew is pure stupidity. But if you want to talk about puppets, how about the ones that think they have to have one group of people tell them how to think and what to do. And think that everybody should take care of everybody. THAT's when this becomes a nation of puppets.

A seriously fed up with this stupidity citizen.

Bill

I have no doubt that those trying to take down McDs are heavily sponsored by wendy's, Burger King, Arby's, Jack in the box and other competitors.

You must remember that these evil corporations are HUGE tax bases. McDs gives more in tax dollars in one year to the Gov than everyone on ARC combined over ten years.

Never underestimate the ability of people to play the victim. outsmarted and out disciplined by a fictional clown?

Everyone saw the housing implosion from "a mile away" in retrospect. What caused the housing market to collapse? forcing banks to make loans they knew people couldnt afford to pay back but having to give them anyway. until the whole house of cards fell down and led to the disaster we have now and what are we doing with healthcare?

We are forcing insurance companies to take on people they would normally set a high premium on, because they know they cant afford to help them and know the high risk people will not be able to pay the money back in the long run... sound familiar?

Im just saying "I can see it coming from a mile away" Healthcare implosion. You are forcing companies to take people on they can not afford. The result is predictable.

There are many ways to be unhealthy beyond fast food: drugs, alcohol, bad diet based on culture (being in new mexico there is a lot greasy food I get to see first hand) sedentiary lifestyle, skateboarding, the list goes on...

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
But it will make it harder for them to advertise to children, which I don't think they should be doing anyway.

Saaaay what!!! I can't remember the last time I've seen Ronald McDonald in a TV commercial for the parent comp. For Ronald McDonalds House for the sick kids, yeah...

Any more than cigarette companies using cartoon characters to hock their products.

That was some time ago, as far as TV goes...in fact I can't remember seeing a billboard for cigs in quite a long time also..

They're costing us too much money and we can't afford it.

Ok I missed something cuz ya lost me here..... :)